What's new

Wire Preferences ??

Tobytyke

Achiever
Apes.
This has probably been asked or discussed before, but was wondering what folks preference is when it come to wire and why do you use that specific type. What are the differences if any between the different types??

I actually started using Kanthal when I started vaping a little over a year ago. But I switched to Ni80 shortly afterwards. I thought the quicker ramp up time would allow me to vape at lower wattages. It appears now though I have come back to Kanthal. I’m not fussed about vaping at a specific Ohm all the time, just usually 6 or 7 wraps 2.5id usually of 28awg Ka1 from Stealthvape, anywhere from 11w - 13w. Whatever takes my fancy at the time really. Now I’m not experienced enough to give my thoughts on the benefits of each type of wire, nor am I going to try to either. I’m just asking out of curiosity.

Lee.

With the exception of ni80 which is used on the HOG I exclusively use ss316
Fast ramp up and for me I ge the cleanest flavour out of all the wire I have tried

As above I'm mostly SS316 with the exception of mtl then its Kanthal.
Occasionally duel coil then tends to be Ni80 but have said before ni80 gives off a funny taste at times to me.

I mainly MTL but when I do use my RDA/RTA’s for DL I’ve been using 24awg Brochrome from Stealthvape.

Ni80 Clapton’s and fused ni80 micro Clapton’s. Usually I like to vape around .9 ohms. Sometimes around .8.

I just prefer a warmer vape usually 16-19 watts.

Over the past 3-4 months I’ve been heading this way from my usual 1 ohm 13-15 watts.

I use SS316L but I've just found out because it's not as stable as Kanthal and Nichrome it's making my vape limp, so I'm going back to the more stable Kanthal.

Ni80 or kanthal, simple builds. Sometimes use Ni80 claptons

Back
Top Bottom