What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Wicking the Kayfun Prime Eightbitraptor Style

Well, after setting up the Prime perfectly, I was dreading this day, but it had to come, the downsides of vaping NET's I guess...

As you'll see from the first image, the coil was manky, but at least it gave me the chance to measure the wick length I arrived at.

IMG_1053.jpg

The second image shows the coil height that was asked about.

IMG_1060.jpg

Image three shows the newly inserted wick, fanned and trimmed as @eightbitraptor showed us in the video.

IMG_1061.jpg

I had an initial bit of gurgling, but once vaped through, it's working as before.

Omg, your coil is so low:11: i must try this tonight, i assume its the same on kf mini v3 as on prime?

assume its the same on kf mini v3 as on prime?

TBH the Prime is the only Kayfun I have, but I'd assume the logic of the coils next to the airflow for flavour to be the same. It's a tip I picked up when building other MTL tanks.

That’s about where my coil is, which is where I would roughly put it on other kayfuns I’ve used before but there are some other tanks where I prefer it a bit raised. I think it can depend on the tank.

I just measured my coil height in a new build and it’s about 1.5mm so a touch higher than others have posted so far.

Finally got to recoil and rewick following @eightbitraptor tutorial to the tee. It's vaping nice and smoothly from the onset. No gurgling whatsoever! Will go for 6wraps next time to get a bit more out of my 18350 but is spot on. Thanks buddy! :2thumbsup:

I just can’t get on with this tank, it seems so easy to wick but when I do it, in many different ways, it just taste muted, no flavour nothing. My subtank mini kills it lol.

Maybe it doesn’t get on with the liquids you are puffing @donkruler . I’ve had mine back on the go for the past week and I’m finding it excellent.

Maybe it doesn’t get on with the liquids you are puffing @donkruler . I’ve had mine back on the go for the past week and I’m finding it excellent.
I would agree with this, I have tried quite a few different RTA's and the Prime gives the best flavour of all of them. Some attys get close but never found anything that beats it. Of course it's a personal thing which I guess is good otherwise everyone would vape a prime and the other manufacturers would sell nothing.

Back
Top Bottom