What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Why no love for the GTR?

This arrived this morning! Is it better than any of my other RTA's the jury is out but very easy to build on and the flavour is good. It's nice to have a bigger juice tank so good for when I am away and don't have to fill up so often.

Attachments

• IMG_20190903_114236.jpg
    IMG_20190903_114236.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 119
7F62EBB7-7E72-4358-8D2D-E9A68488619E.jpeg

Arrived today. Popped my usual 5 spaced wraps mtl Clapton .9ohms 2.5 ID. Its ok so far. Quite throaty regardless of coil height. Very easy build and wick. Jfc freaked me out a bit seeing the glass move from the base. Smallest hole is a nice draw for me. Adjusting the afc is a pain as it closes the jfc but thankfully I don’t have to alter it much aside from when removing the tank. As I say it’s ok so far.

How are people building their Gtr’s? I’m just not getting anywhere near the flavour I get from my other atties. Lots of throat but watery flavour. Tried the coil as low as I can. Tried it where it rests with legs down and tried raising also. It’s wicking a treat.

Help appreciated please :)

How are people building their Gtr’s? I’m just not getting anywhere near the flavour I get from my other atties. Lots of throat but watery flavour. Tried the coil as low as I can. Tried it where it rests with legs down and tried raising also. It’s wicking a treat.

Help appreciated please :)
No matter what the build is, the GTR produces the best flavour with the AFC ring fully opened (both holes) .
I use simple kanthal , 26g , 5 wraps, 3mm ID, 0.8 OHM at 15 -16 watts. I have 2 genuine GTRs and i freakin love them, i get more flavour than the Tripod and ZERO condensation produced leaking through the AFC .

I wouldn't expect anything else from you Zou.
My Elfins 510 came unglued, it was a good little mod up until then.

That’s a bummer. Mine have held up very well, solid wee things. I think there might have been different batches.

Been looking for your learned opinions on this one, but surprisingly not much around. Does the Taifun GTR get no love from the tootle puffers around here? It's been the most positive surprise in a while for me. Retired the prime and the dvarw. Its super smooth, very forgiving coiling and wicking and very practical and innovative jfc and afc. Currently on a mtl Clapton at 0.9, 15w on firewater nr 6. I just really like this one. If you have one, let's hear your thoughts and favourite builds.
View attachment 198860

24 hours in and yes, I am a believer!
So much so that it has changed my Top 5, booting the Integra off second place :)
For me...... and we are all different, a slightly larger bore Drip Tip brought the GTR to life and I am really taken with this. It appeals to my "Old School" sensibilities and certainly brings back a lot of memories of others I once had.

No matter what the build is, the GTR produces the best flavour with the AFC ring fully opened (both holes) .
I use simple kanthal , 26g , 5 wraps, 3mm ID, 0.8 OHM at 15 -16 watts. I have 2 genuine GTRs and i freakin love them, i get more flavour than the Tripod and ZERO condensation produced leaking through the AFC .
Yep this atty, for me anyway, is another that benefits from more air. I finally got it going and it Vapes really well but doesn’t give me anything I don’t already get. The airflow isn’t really for me unless I open it up. It’s a lovely thing though but it sits on the pile now

I have two clones now and am saving cash to get a genuine soon. The refill takes some practice but that’s the only downside. It hasn’t left my rotation since I got one and that says a lot.
And... I got it to fit on a Pico. [emoji41]

Back
Top Bottom