What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which stainless wire

Aye I think higher resistance is better as well. I mostly don’t go much below 1Ω. Usually between 1-1.5. Lower resistances do still work though.

I had a doggystyled set up at around 0.4Ω. It produced a decent amount of vapour but it was very cool and seemed less dense.

It worked ok even at 5w.

Last edited:
I don’t really notice the ‘taste’ of a wire, but tend to notice that NiFe30 or SS tastes kind of ‘clinical’ or clean in comparison to kanthal if that makes sense? Sometimes it’s a good thing but generally I prefer the ‘taste’ of kanthal. I notice that Ni80 tends to be around the middle but ramps a lot quicker than kanthal, which again can affect how juice tastes IMO; sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes not.

Just my .02

It’s when you first start out I think you assume sub ohm coils all need to be at high wattages..40-50 ohms etc you don’t know enough to have an understanding ani still scratch my head..I have noticed that there is a big flavour drop using sub ohm coils say 0.60-0.95ohm the vapour is very good just muted flavour..when I use a 1.5ohm coil generally it’s way better flavour and vapour still good..

I think that's mainly because of the way 'sub-ohm' tanks are advertised and sold these days. ..... Smok (and others probably) have a habit of making really low resistance coils for their tanks, rating them at really high power and then putting them on a 200w+ mod.

a couple of years back people would be running Kanger Subtanks on iStick 30's and 40w Coolfires. ..... when companies started to make bigger and more higher power mods they had to make coils and tanks that could run at that power or there would have been no point. ... that's all I see it as, a reason to sell someone a high powered mod.

It’s mostly pointless as well, I would imagine it’s a monitory that go over 50 or 60 w , surely.

No they is loads of us and more on the rise with shops selling smok shit as starter kits [emoji20]

You think out of everybody that vapes it’s a big proportion though?

I think you should get a kayfun and some 18mg 50/50, matty. :D

It is a problem though, people being sold 200w smok jobbies as starter kits, and thinking that’s the norm.

It is confusing that’s why forums like potv are invaluable to people just starting..especially folks like me who wanted to vape purely as a means to give up smoking..Before finding potv I tried vaping twice as a means to give up and failed on both occasions as did not have a clue I tried most bits like blu stuff etc and had loads of other kit but did not even know about coils or ohms and wattages or nicotine mg etc..third time lucky I found potv and have managed to quit this time with good help and advice..and even now it’s a little confusing but now at least I know the basics and actually really enjoy vaping now and experimenting safely with stuff..

P.S will be trying stainless 0.25mm see if I like it better than kathal...I have also tried nichrome but I found it tasted of metal the vape that is not the wire...

It is confusing that’s why forums like potv are invaluable to people just starting..especially folks like me who wanted to vape purely as a means to give up smoking..Before finding potv I tried vaping twice as a means to give up and failed on both occasions as did not have a clue I tried most bits like blu stuff etc and had loads of other kit but did not even know about coils or ohms and wattages or nicotine mg etc..third time lucky I found potv and have managed to quit this time with good help and advice..and even now it’s a little confusing but now at least I know the basics and actually really enjoy vaping now and experimenting safely with stuff..

P.S will be trying stainless 0.25mm see if I like it better than kathal...I have also tried nichrome but I found it tasted of metal the vape that is not the wire...

yeah it is confusing ... too many generalisations and too much misinformation.

It doesn't help that we are always being told a load of BS by vape companies and manufacturers about this and that, when they don't appear (to me anyway) to always have our interests in mind .... or don't really seem to have a clue themselves in some cases. ... and in a lot of cases in China they seem totally oblivious to the fact that we are using these devices to stop smoking.

Back
Top Bottom