What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which stainless wire

AJT

Veteran
Hello all
So I would like to have a go with some stainless steel coils...but clueless.
Could someone please tell me what SS wire I can use to make mtl 1.2-1.5 ohm coils.
Thanks.

you should be able to get up to around 1ohm with 28awg in a typical MTL sized deck if you want to use it in power mode.

you should be able to get up to around 1ohm with 28awg in a typical MTL sized deck if you want to use it in power mode.
So get some 28awg stainless then..so is it basically the same as using kathal ohm wise..
I use kathal 28awg 5 wraps at 2.5 for 1.5ohm..

So get some 28awg stainless then..so is it basically the same as using kathal ohm wise..
I use kathal 28awg 5 wraps at 2.5 for 1.5ohm..

no it's much less resistance, you'll be looking at 7 or 8 wraps to get around 1ohm.

you might need to go thinner if you want over 1ohm with less wraps.

yeah that's about 30awg? ... to be honest when I use SS my coils are usually around 0.6 - 0.8 I've never tried to get them higher.
Yes it’s 30awg so will get me some of that to play with..meant to be great for flavour..

I usually use 30, you’ll get about 1.5 with 8 or 9 wraps at 2mm. You could try some ni80 for less wraps, as well.

Back
Top Bottom