What's new

Which do I like best!

quincey43

Achiever
I now have all three new RTA's and which do I like the best? I can't say, they are all really good but different to each other which to me is a good thing. The Ares 2 was the last one to arrive and I am mightily impressed with it, such a huge improvement on the original with a nice strong throat hit and can go as tight as you like. The Precisio has good flavour and I quite like the draw on it and the Pandora is spot on for flavour and throat hit so what a great choice we have now for MTL, happy days!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_113841.jpg
    IMG_20200609_113841.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 118
I got two ares 2, works out airflow is miles different on both, thanks to, I think, the deck airflow which is loose on both, as in they can wobble up and down not forming a seal between edges and airflow hole. The Pandora is thirstier but getting better flavour out of it. Not had a precisio after hearing its airy but, true tanks are still my fav at this moment with my kfl19s bringing up the rear.
Desperately waiting on cthulus new rta after liking both the hasturs and minis.
Oh I forgot about my belovedd doggystle rtas with doggystle top fill tanks.

The Ares 2 was the last one to arrive and I am mightily impressed with it, such a huge improvement on the original with a nice strong throat hit and can go as tight as you like. The Precisio has good flavour and I quite like the draw on it and the Pandora is spot on for flavour and throat hit

Would you say the Ares 2 has the strongest throat hit out of the 3 tanks or does the Pandora, or Precisio, improve on it?

(my wallet really hopes you say the Ares 2 :) but you can never have too many mtl tanks)

Would you say the Ares 2 has the strongest throat hit out of the 3 tanks or does the Pandora, or Precisio, improve on it?

(my wallet really hopes you say the Ares 2 :) but you can never have too many mtl tanks)

Would imagine the Precisio has too much airflow for throat hit. I don't really experience throat hit much but I would say the Pandora over the Ares 2. Think you may need more opinions though.

I now have all three new RTA's and which do I like the best? I can't say, they are all really good but different to each other which to me is a good thing. The Ares 2 was the last one to arrive and I am mightily impressed with it, such a huge improvement on the original with a nice strong throat hit and can go as tight as you like. The Precisio has good flavour and I quite like the draw on it and the Pandora is spot on for flavour and throat hit so what a great choice we have now for MTL, happy days!!!

Yep the Ares 2 is a huge improvement and like it a lot too. Can't call it yet compared to the Pandora.

I am enjoying both the ares 2 and the pandora. Did not bother with The ares original after reviews. I got the 24 mm ares 2 which is a massive tank but good flavour and easy to build refill etc. Pandora looks nicer to me. I seem to be reaching for the pandora more but that is probably the liquid and not the tank. I would take the ares 2 out to the pub (if we could go to the pubs now) due to it’s capacity.

Throat hit wise, I think the pandora is just a bit more throaty but again could just be my liquids. Running drakes Kentucky in the ares 2 and firewater 3 in the pandora both at 18mg. I think I may have used nic salt in the drakes and firewater came 18mg so that may explain the throat hit.

I think the Pandora has the best throat hit but the Ares 2 is a close second as for the Presisio I just LIKE it can't put my finger on it really but I have different juice in all three so maybe thats got something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom