What's new

Where art thou throat hit?

Try lifting the coil a little maybe. Saw a few people mentioning this to increase throat hit. More airflow too perhaps?

I’m another who doesn’t get the throat hit thing either. Everything is pretty smooth.

My 30mg salts on the other hand can induce a cough and will definitely make me nic sick if I go mad on that or have it first thing in the morning.

I hesitate to suggest this (I'll be accused of gushing) ......... but this is why I like the Spica Pro tank so much ........ you can adjust the chamber height to add or remove the throat hit. Works for me. I can tone it down in the morning and go back to kick-ass on the same juice when I'm more awake. It's a payoff against the fact that it's an annoyingly huge, tall tank ... but it works for me. :)

@Toastie the am4a is pretty good, eh? It’s a strange one, the smell and flavour are miles apart, really. I can’t pin down what it tastes like, it’s familiar and strange all at once.

@Toastie the am4a is pretty good, eh? It’s a strange one, the smell and flavour are miles apart, really. I can’t pin down what it tastes like, it’s familiar and strange all at once.

Very good, I just hope the goodness lasts as I get used to flavours pretty quickly. I'm shite at guessing flavours but I'd say a whiskey/cream taste, I'm definitely getting a warm feeling like you get from strong alcohol. Thanks again for the recommendation. The best part is, mixing at 2%, I'll get another 400ml out of that 10ml (now 8ml) concentrate.

Thank you everyone, think we've got it nailed now. Increasing the power more than I was comfortable with seems to have done it.

I usually never run round wire coils beyond 4.3v as I've had dry hits in the past. Probably my wicking as I'm not the best at judging how much to run through the coil. I'm surprised this one is working so well, there was hardly any resistance when pulling the cotton through the coil.

It works even at 1% @Toastie , the flavour is a bit different, actually. It’s one of those ones that changes quite a bit depending on how strongly it’s mixed.

It works even at 1% @Toastie , the flavour is a bit different, actually. It’s one of those ones that changes quite a bit depending on how strongly it’s mixed.

I definitely like it where it is right now. It smells like a strong chemical whiskey, but it tastes like a light, mellow, floral whiskey. Almost as if there's a cream or marshmallow in there. No sign of the chemical smell when vaped at all.

Also, did you pick up black cat for pipe @Toastie ? That’s one I find has quite a strong throat hit, moreso after a steep when the tobacco notes come out.

Also, did you pick up black cat for pipe @Toastie ? That’s one I find has quite a strong throat hit, moreso after a steep when the tobacco notes come out.

I did, think I might need to adjust the percentage though. Tasted a bit weak, like when you put too much water in your orange juice. That or let it steep longer.

I find the throat hit concept to ONLY be depended on nicotine, no atomizer, juice, coil, or coil placement made me feel any differently, but nicotine does!

I find certain juices more prominent than others for throat hit. Manabush Firewater No 1 is good for that, but I do find that the hit wears off after a while.

Back
Top Bottom