What's new

What makes a good tank?

Me too, and I loved their hardiness on a pipe stem ......... but I just can't be arsed with stock coils any more. Still got them though ...... just in case. :)
Lol. Me too. I've a vapeapocolypse box with the nautilus and mini cages and boxes of coils. The innokin sdna itaste 20w mod is in it too.
Just in case I can't coil, I've a quick reliable option.
I do think flavour wise the zenith/zlide now take the crown (we'll see how the aspire /taifun fares, was speaking to aspire about it today actually).
The aspires look better but the coils became so unreliable and with manabush I was swapping out coils every few days. Became too pricey.

It does, but the flavour is sooooooo good, and it's the only thing I have ever actually used with adjustments. I still love that adjustable chamber height for throat hit. It's an exeption to many rules ....... and I love it. :)

And the Xmas tree/80s earring Helix version is still sitting on my yellow Pico. :P

Gush ...... gush ............ :8:

View attachment 202732

........ though now with the drip tip the right way up. ;)
That I can cope with. :)

I've a few beserkers in both sizes and never had issue with them. I've five hasturs and as I say I've two lites and three sxk lites.
I've been known to get carried away with back ups of tanks and mods I like.
I get a black one for my black mod, a silver one for my silver mod, occasionally I get a gold one for my brass mod if I really like it. Then a v2 comes out. Perhaps a mini version. Maybe a couple of backups if I really like it, because you never know when they'll stop selling them... and so it goes on....

It does, but the flavour is sooooooo good, and it's the only thing I have ever actually used with adjustments. I still love that adjustable chamber height for throat hit. It's an exeption to many rules ....... and I love it. :)

And the Xmas tree/80s earring Helix version is still sitting on my yellow Pico. :P

Gush ...... gush ............ :8:

View attachment 202732

........ though now with the drip tip the right way up. ;)

Love it... if they had had mods in the 70s... I think that they would have looked just like that.

I get a black one for my black mod, a silver one for my silver mod, occasionally I get a gold one for my brass mod if I really like it. Then a v2 comes out. Perhaps a mini version. Maybe a couple of backups if I really like it, because you never know when they'll stop selling them... and so it goes on....
Erm ........ yep ............... all the above too ............ :8:

Aesthetics are a bit of an odd bag for me...

Something that looks extreme I might be able to cope with, but a little bit off just irks enough to not like it.

My only stock coil tank I use (aspire K2) looks ridiculous, but it just works in every way that's important to me:

IMG_20191018_100514015~2.jpg

It's even parts from two tanks...

But it's useful - if I cba to do a rebuild (I appear to be quite lazy, I'll build in batches and then as each one arrives at it's time for a coat of looking at I'll shelve it for a few days and move to another - eventually I run out of ready to use tanks...) I can grab that while looking for motivation. It uses the same coils as the spryte which I still use as a beater, so I don't need a bunch of different stock coils sat about either.

So tried another build in the doggy, added an extra wrap and went really stingy on the wick (would've normally added some, but wasn't in the mood).

Apparently, it works better now - in conjunction with sticking it on a vv mod @ 3.3v...

Ho hum :18:

I've the skyline full of base zero nut custard on an old coolfire plus tonight. Just happened to be a tank that was sitting coiled ,cleaned and empty. Drives me nuts as it's so well built and flexible but that juice control system is a bitch for air locks. In tall mode it's got plenty of capacity and short mode looks banging plus it can deliver flavour with huge airflow flexibility but that juice control, grrrrr.

Only just read through this thread and it's really interesting to see what others look for in a tank. For me it is the draw that's important it needs to be sharp if that makes sense, I don't like a silent draw either I love to hear a crackle when I fire it. I have lots and lots of MTL tanks which I swop between a lot, the Spica Pro is by far my favorite and I love the Keas Alladin the draw is superb but there are others I like too, I hate leaks they drive me mad!!

Back
Top Bottom