What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

What can TC offer an MTL Vaper?

For the past few weeks I have been trying out this temp control stuff. I got myself some 27ga SS316l wire and dedicated one each of my Kayfun Primes, Hussars, Skylines and a Dvarw to the cause. I admit that I have mixed feelings about my experiences. The Prime was the one I was most pleased with, it's every bit as good as when I used it in VW mode. My subjective feeling on the rest is that it somehow seems to make my vaping experience rather bland. I like fruity flavoured liquids, especially lime and lemon and although they kinda taste the same in TC mode there just seems to be something missing. I have played around with all the mod settings but it all seems just a bit too 'vanilla' for me. Think it may be time to dig out my 27ga kanthal again.

I found SS316L quite disappointing in TC mode, probably down to the quality of my mods to be fair and their lack of ability to sense resistance changes on a metal with such a low TCR, with NiFe on the same mods I find it outstanding. Another factor which makes such a huge difference is easing up on the amount of cotton I use in the coil, it was quite a shock how little I actually ended up using as I worked through my setups with different tanks.

it's all about the flavor of the juice and your preference

adjusting the temp on a juice will bring out flavours u never tasted in the juice before

Last edited:
I found SS316L quite disappointing in TC mode, probably down to the quality of my mods to be fair and their lack of ability to sense resistance changes on a metal with such a low TCR, with NiFe on the same mods I find it outstanding. Another factor which makes such a huge difference is easing up on the amount of cotton I use in the coil, it was quite a shock how little I actually ended up using as I worked through my setups with different tanks.
That's interesting, would I just put the mod into Ni mode to use NiFe? I also do tend to use quite a bit of cotton (rayon in my case) because I suppose I'm a bit wary of leaking. Thanks for the tips.

Does your mod do TCR? I'm not sure if we're going offtopic here, bit wary as I derailed another topic before, LOL

NiFe30 isn't the same as the Ni setting which will be Nickel 200. To use temp control with NiFe30 you will need to get the settings off steam engine and upload them to your arctic fox or Evolv DNA firmware. (As I understand it I am no expert - there might be otherways to use it with other temp control devices)

I think this might be a bit technical for this thread... @Crewella This veering off your intended direction?

@SteveV Can we take this conversation over to the other thread?

Back
Top Bottom