What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

What can TC offer an MTL Vaper?

LOL!!!!! We don't have gas ..... or central heating .......... :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::S

I'm trying .... honest I am ........ but my first reaction is to say it's fine as it is ..................... sigh ................ we shall see! :D

It IS fine as it is ..... I'm vaping in power mode now..... and I was fine without central heating for 40 years of my life too.

I'll send you a bit of SS wire though, you don't have anything to lose do you?

I didn't want to stuff up the other TC thread, but I've never been tempted to try TC. I usually vape 28AWG kanthal on 2.5mm ID to around 1.4 ohms and am very happy with that. Same build goes in pretty much every tank I have. I don't get dry hits or wicking issues, and if I do then it's something I can fix with my wicking.

I can see people in here getting interested ....... but I'm really not sure why I might be tempte d or what it can offer? I'm not against ....... just waiting to be convinced it's worth trying ....... ;)
I'm exactly where you are!! Only ever used Kanthal usually 27 or 28g about 1.2ohms, I do have a spool of 28g 316ss and have used it a couple of times but only in wattage mode. I have to say reading about TC it seems like a different language and I get very easily confused!! Not sure if I want or need to try the TC but my interest has been piqued now. Mind you I will have to check my mods and see how to get into TC as all I have used is wattage! Simple things for simple minds!!!

It's certainly nothing to stress or worry about... lol

I wish I had been around when the first adjustable power mods came out "OMG, I can't cope with this it's so complicated, where my fixed voltage stick"

The only thing your doing differently is setting a temp....watts n ohms are still watts n ohms....if kanthal could do this I bet you would have tried it by now.

The only thing your doing differently is setting a temp....watts n ohms are still watts n ohms....if kanthal could do this I bet you would have tried it by now.
You could well be right there ........ I look at my nice neat two spools of wire in my coiling kit ........ and can see them breeding ...... it worries me ........ ;)

If it had just been a matter of changing the setting on a mod I already have, you're right - I'd have done it.

You could well be right there ........ I look at my nice neat two spools of wire in my coiling kit ........ and can see them breeding ...... it worries me ........ ;)

If it had just been a matter of changing the setting on a mod I already have, you're right - I'd have done it.

I have some pre-made's I'll send you, don't worry.

I'll send you half a dozen so you aren't drowning in spools of wire. :D

Sorry the other thread got a bit bogged down in the technical side guys, I'm an enquiring mind and like to understand everything. The take-home message is it's a lot simpler than you think. Buy a thickness of wire you like to work in, make sure it's got a high TCR so the mod can see the fluctuations as it heats up. Set the TCR of the wire in the mod and vape... just adjust the temp as you would your wattage with kanthal. Job done.

Sorry the other thread got a bit bogged down in the technical side guys, I'm an enquiring mind and like to understand everything. The take-home message is it's a lot simpler than you think. Buy a thickness of wire you like to work in, make sure it's got a high TCR so the mod can see the fluctuations as it heats up. Set the TCR of the wire in the mod and vape... just adjust the temp as you would your wattage with kanthal. Job done.
No, your thread is great and very useful ........ I just didn't want to fill it up with the whys when you were getting into the hows! :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom