What's new

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA

How did you set the side airflows for your 1.3 Ohm build, @Crewella ? I have found that closing them off and using just the bottom air hole works best with 1.2 Ohms Kanthal, 2.5mm ID. With two smallest holes on cap. Also, when I stick it on a mech (right now it's not, the picture is old), I prefer not to have loose screws anywhere :)

Yes it comes with a squonk pin. Though ........ to be honest ........... I'm still a bit baffled as to why you might need a tank AND a squonk bottle ........... but mebbe that's just me ........ ?:blondmoment:

I guess it's just an easy way to fill the tank if you take it out for the day?

if you have a squonk mod already then it makes sense I guess.....

Yes it comes with a squonk pin. Though ........ to be honest ........... I'm still a bit baffled as to why you might need a tank AND a squonk bottle ........... but mebbe that's just me ........ ?:blondmoment:

I wondered that too. But what's really cool with this in squonking mode is: The wick is always saturated to exactly the same amount! Plus you can actually see when to squeeze again. In a weird way it's a genius concept :)

How did you set the side airflows for your 1.3 Ohm build, @Crewella ? I have found that closing them off and using just the bottom air hole works best with 1.2 Ohms Kanthal, 2.5mm ID. With two smallest holes on cap. Also, when I stick it on a mech (right now it's not, the picture is old), I prefer not to have loose screws anywhere :)
I confess I tried opening those hex screws ......... thought ooooh yes lookie here - more air ....... then shut them down and use with two smallest holes on the cap too. :D

I'm looking something to squonk with that I don't have to squonk all the time.... I want the squonker to fill it up, not just wet the wicks, if you know what I mean? ... so I can go a couple of hours without with needing to squonk again, not 10 mins. I thought the 1928 would be that but it empties itself when you squonk, which is not really what I'm looking for,

I'm looking something to squonk with that I don't have to squonk all the time.... I want the squonker to fill it up, not just wet the wicks, if you know what I mean? ... so I can go a couple of hours without with needing to squonk again, not 10 mins. I thought the 1928 would be that but it empties itself when you squonk, which is not really what I'm looking for,

You can mitigate that a little with the 1928 by tilting it while you squonk. Allows you to fill up maybe 1/3. The Vapefly RDTA has 2ml in the tank so that's a winner, but the hole is not at the very top in the tank. You get about 2/3 - 3/4 of its capacity filled with squonking.

You can mitigate that a little with the 1928 by tilting it while you squonk. Allows you to fill up maybe 1/3. The Vapefly RDTA has 2ml in the tank so that's a winner, but the hole is not at the very top in the tank. You get about 2/3 - 3/4 of its capacity filled with squonking.

thanks, that's a good tip I'll try that on the 1928.

gotcha yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I was thinking when I got this that I'd seen someone mention this on here and they said they liked it ....... I've just realised it was you @lucifah :2thumbsup:

The split rda is excellent at this. The squonk pin holes are at the top of the tank.
It's a 22mm rda and can take two coils but has a block for one side and I put my usual 1.1 ohm build in and close the airflow down to mtl.
Definitely would recommend.

The split rda is excellent at this. The squonk pin holes are at the top of the tank.
It's a 22mm rda and can take two coils but has a block for one side and I put my usual 1.1 ohm build in and close the airflow down to mtl.
Definitely would recommend.

I'm hoping SXK will release the Corolla V2 .... squonkable, make the deck posts off-set, more options on the airholes... job done, I'd buy five. ;)

Back
Top Bottom