What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

True vs Hastur Mini vs Berserker V2 vs Pioneer

omroth

Postman
I've spent a lot of time playing around in the last month, and:

Naturevape True
0.64 "MTL Staple" Ni80 Coilogy (reading at 0.4 Ohms)
15W
Smallest 0.8mm air hole
The drip tip that came with it
Manabush Cola based liquids, 50-50 6mg.

Is my winner.

The Hastur Mini doesn't perform as well for my tastes with that coil - I just don't get the same satisfying volume of smoke. However, the Hastur Mini with other coils has been a close second.

The Berserker V2 was just fine - decent but less front-end taste/less "saturated".

I found the Pioneer a right pain to wick, although got there in the end. A bit dissapointed by the experience tbh but I'm still experimenting with builds.

The True and the Hastur are the top tier for me. I think the smaller tanks work for me.

Thanks for all the help so far Apes!

Berserker 2 would easily take the top spot for me for a juicy saturated vape. Not sure if that's down to coil of tastebud differences, I use the same air flow setting, but my coils are about 1.0ohm.

Hastur mini is not juicy per se, but I really rate the vape, so that would come second. And it is prob the nicest looking out of the lot.

I'm going to start experimenting with higher Ohm coils on the others - I feel like I've git perfection on the True.

You know what, I think something's wrong with my Hastur - it doesn't make any difference to the draw what I do with the airflow selection wheel - full closed, fully open - it's always very airy. Could it be an o ring issue?

Agree with @MHL on the 'serker v2, daily I run 3 V2 Mini's & the 24mm V2 & they're pretty juicy, it's all in the wicking & not on the tank IMO

I find them less finicky overall so they retired off my True, which I ran daily for years

You know what, I think something's wrong with my Hastur - it doesn't make any difference to the draw what I do with the airflow selection wheel - full closed, fully open - it's always very airy. Could it be an o ring issue?
When you say wheel, do you mean the 3 hole airflow ring at the bottom?

Sounds like something is wrong, because the smallest one is as tight as a gnats asshole, and even the large one isn't particularly airy IMO.

upload_2021-5-12_12-37-58.png

On a (kind of) related note, I found this thread about a replacement deck part with a different air intake - a couple of years old, from @Simon G: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-hastur-mini-single-hole-airflow-post.166410/

Checked it out on slowtech and found 2 additional replacement sizes - a 1mm and a 0.6mm. Man is that going to be one tight motherfucker, I had to order it.

Yeah, it could be a damaged O-ring.... I wouldn't describe the hastur mini as 'airy' on any settings. :D

The true is one of my favourite tanks, whatever you through in it just tastes good. I do not have the berserker as its never interested me for some reason, only have the hustur 1.5 clone which does give a decent vape and although I have no issues with the pioneer over the wicking, don't use it anymore as I rate so many tanks above it. So I agree with your choice:)

Yeah something is definitely wrong - thanks guys. MHL - let me know how it is when it arrives. I'll try replacing the o ring.

It also just makes me really happy that it's a Naturevape product that's my favorite tank, after being raised on their coils for the aerotank.

Back
Top Bottom