What's new

Tripod or Kaifun Lite 2019

Smokeandsteam

Achiever
I’m weighing up a new MTL tank (with money from my birthday weighing in my pocket!)

I’ve narrowed it down to the Tripod and the Kayfun Lite. The Tripod clearly has the advantage of also offering a restricted DL. It looks stunning and is well made (but then so does and is the Kaifun).

The bottom fill on the Kayfun looks to be a pain, although I understand the design reasons as to why it’s been done.

Finally, and not unimportantly, the Kaifun is nearly £50 cheaper than the Tripod.

For those who have tried either and especially both advice and views would be welcome. Thanks all

Edit: just noticed the auto spell on my phone has spelt Kaifun wrongly...

The tripod is beautifully made, quite large and weighs a ton. I loved the look and build quality. However, for me there were too many niggles at that price point for me to keep it so passed it on.

The mtl draw is excellent allowing you to go very tight up to a really pleasant rdl. Building is simple and easy. Wicking a breeze too. It’s only a 2 and a bit ml capacity for such a big tank and you’ll have to buy the extension to fit more. I hated the drip tip and found my fav tips didn’t integrate well with it at all. The top cap was ridiculously stiff and hard to work.

for what I paid and the fact I was using the vapeshell at the time it just wasn’t worth it for me.

In saying that Many people love it though. It’s a lovely looking and feeling thing and gives you tonnes of options to customise.

Personally for me, being virtually exclusively mtl, I’d pick the lite every time. Far smaller even with the 4ml extension and the bottom fill really isn’t a hassle at all. I prefer bottom fill anyway as there always seems to be less chance of floods.

I haven’t looked for a long time but there were clone tripods about for around £20. Might be worth checking one of those out first?

Both are well made and cleverly thought out.

I would agree with what MiscoDatt said above. There are a few really annoying things about the Tripod that stops me using it more and that's a shame as it vapes really nicely. The KF is simple design and just works. The bottom fill thing isn't a big deal for me as I'd only have to fill it a couple of times a day. If it really bothers you there are topfill kits available for it. Steam Tuners do one. You would pick up the tank and the topfill kit for no more then you would pay for the Tripod. I'd say if you only intend in vaping MTL go with the KF. If you like them idea of having the restricted DL option go for the Tripod.

Brilliant advice. I’ve got drippers for DL vaping and I really want a quality MTL to upgrade on my beserker (which I still love and know a v2 is coming out on). Thanks very much both for the really helpful advice

I have both, the KFL Lite2019 does pretty much what you'd expect from anything from that stable.
I have 2 Tripods in constant use. I use Steam Tuners Caps on them which not only lightens them, but changes the appearance in a pleasing way.
Personally...... I'd take a Tripod over the KFL, but that's me. :) I like having the ability to fine tune the Tripod and find it to be perfect once dialled in. Set it, Forget it!

I have both, the KFL Lite2019 does pretty much what you'd expect from anything from that stable.
I have 2 Tripods in constant use. I use Steam Tuners Caps on them which not only lightens them, but changes the appearance in a pleasing way.
Personally...... I'd take a Tripod over the KFL, but that's me. :) I like having the ability to fine tune the Tripod and find it to be perfect once dialled in. Set it, Forget it!

Thanks Rob, would you say the Tripod is worth the additional cost in comparison to the KL? I think they both look beautifully well machined but the Tripod is £109 which, for me, is a lot.

For me...., The support and quality of product that you receive from Atmizoo, sells their product time and time again. :) AND Lightening fast delivery by DHL. My last order took 26 hrs from Greece to being in my hand.
Obviously..... You know what you are comfortable paying, so you must decide that one. :)
I don't think one should compare the two however as they are as different as Chalk and Cheese.

So, I went for the Kayfun Lite in the end. It arrived today. After some build and wick battling (the deck is TINY and my eyesight was struggling a bit) I’ve got it set up with a lovely build and some Cotswold Vapour Beaum Custard.

It’s an absolutely gorgeous vape!

Thanks to all for the advice and help.

Get yourself the kayfun and with the money left grab an MD from hell vape or glaz mini and you will be happy :)

I just don't see a massive difference between the good tanks , it's really small margins as there isn't anything impressively inovative just yet.

Or maybe just treat your self and get the tripod otherwise your going to be kicking yourself for not getting one :)

Good choice...mainly because I've not been able to find a Tripod in stock anywhere atm...and refreshing the Atmizoo site a couple of times a day. :D

Back
Top Bottom