What's new

Thin wire

I do still use 30 and 32 AWG kanthal, and occasionally do still use silica. The old KF's do silica well, and I wrap them the same as those ones that come from China. It's much easier to just wrap a spaced coil around the wick to form it, and then attach the ends, than it is to try to form a coil and then thread wick through it, but if you do still want to try doing that make sure to heat the wire first to take the 'spring' out of it. :)

.... as another option you could try wrapping the thin wire around the cotton with a pin pushed through the middle of it, then mount the coil and remove the pin when the coil is secured?

Hey mtl gang. Looking at a single coil mtl rda on a mech squonk. What would i be looking at wire/coil wraps for a flavour vape

Hey mtl gang. Looking at a single coil mtl rda on a mech squonk. What would i be looking at wire/coil wraps for a flavour vape

I doubt I can be considered an expert having only run a couple of colis in it, but about 6 wraps of 28 AWG Kanthal, wrapped around a 2.5 mm rod is working fine with my berserker rda on the old kangertech 60w dripbox. I imagine the build would work as well on a full mech as on one with protections.

.... as another option you could try wrapping the thin wire around the cotton with a pin pushed through the middle of it, then mount the coil and remove the pin when the coil is secured?

Wicking it wasn’t as tricky as I was expecting, to be honest. I didn’t even hear it first. I wonder if the 304 stainless steel is less springy than kanthal? Once I had it screwed on it behaved quite well.

with mechs I try to aim for around 1.2ohms, which is around 14w fully charged going to to around 11w at 3.7v

around 6 wraps of 28awg kanthal 2.5mm ID is what I usually use.

@Sam's Saucy Juice Reviews .... that would probably only work on a 'real' MTL rda though .... on a airer single coil RDA (more restricted lung type thing) I usually do around 0.7 - 0.8ohms to vape more around the 20w - 25w range. (edit, using 26awg)

Cheers buddy. Added both 26 and 28 kanthal to my basket. Just curious what would you say the strike 18 is?

Back
Top Bottom