What's new

The MTL liquids thread, input please.

well, it should be .... clearly if it's thinner than manabush then it can't be 70% VG as VG is thick as fuck and I'm calling bullshit on those companies that are using a high VG ratio as a 'selling point' rather than as useful information for consumers. ... if it's made of AG which is typically 10% water I believe then it should say 60% VG 10% H2O 30% PG.

better still just put the real VG ratio so we do have an idea of the viscosity. ....... I don't know why this shit wasn't dealt with in the TPD.

I'm getting grumpy again.

Yeah to be clear. I should have said “stated vg ratio” in the above.

Still means the shake test could actually be useful tho.

It’s 70vg but is literally the same if not thinner than Manabush 50/50.

Can you help us get to the bottom of this @ZT .... I know BUNKR is thick, really thick at 70% .... what's going on here? Are companies BSing about the VG ratio or does VG come in different qualities/thicknesses? Surely the testing would reveal the real amounts of VG and PG in a liquid or does the testing not test for amounts of each?

Can you help us get to the bottom of this @ZT .... I know BUNKR is thick, really thick at 70% .... what's going on here? Are companies BSing about the VG ratio or does VG come in different qualities/thicknesses? Surely the testing would reveal the real amounts of VG and PG in a liquid or does the testing not test for amounts of each?

I suspect there can be several reasons

Some VG based Nicbases also use water, not all flavours are mounted in PG (some have an alcohol like base - which is very thin).

Take Inawera grapefruit for instance .. thinner than water it seems when you splurge it all over the cleanroom top expecting it to be a PG like consistency

The real reality is there is no such thing as 70vg/30pg or 50vg/50pg

its generally 70vg or 50vg and the rest is made up of PG/Water,whatever else constitutes a flavour... and I suspect that can vary.

VG/PG is not as far as I am aware (i can ask my compliance company though) a thing that has to be declared - other than for a formula breakdown .. remember VG content is only important to us as vapers ... the powers that be just want a formula breakdown .. they couldn't give a toss what the VG/PG ratio is as long as the formula is noted.

I only really use one source of VG/PG .. though Ive used others in the past days .. they are all much of a muchness .. more variation can come in the nicbase (especially VG Nicbase .. which often has water - because VG being so thick is a hard medium to make sure the nicotine is distributed easily in)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom