What's new

The best MTL RDA for high VG - You’re Recommendations

I think that it's because with true high ohm vaping you'd end up with 50/50 liquids pouring out of the tank, so VG content is increased to thicken the liquid and prevent leaking.

And yes, PG does carry flavours better and also gives more of a throat hit as well as less cloudy vapour. Downside is, some folks don't get on well with PG (PG sensitivity). As it is classified as an irritant.

And donkruler, forgot to mention that you could try using Stainless Steel instead of Kanthal.

As Stainless Steel has less resistance for the same wire gauge, also in my opinion it doesn't have a weird taste to it. And it opens options up, as it can also be used in TC mode.

I think you right, I may try the Siren again with just standard kanthal and try not to pack it to much. Most ppl say it wicks high VG fine, but I always compare it to how easy I wick the subtank mini, still I can’t vape high VG in that, I get dry hits.

I have wicked the Berserker mtl rda and I used the larger air hole first and it was so loose and airy, just horrible. I put the second smallest air hole and it’s definitely the mtl I’m used to, so I will be testing my juices, a bit of trial and error!

Oh nice another strong flavour vaper lol don’t find many nower days, and I’m so use to the subtank mini, I can vape any ice menthols in it. What juices are your favourites?

My daily vape, is Vjuice's Tuned in Cherry, essentially tastes just like the cough sweets of the same name. But i also, like aniseed, liqourice, desserts (Cherry Bakewell by Vape & Glory is lush)..and i do try out others along the way. I don't think i've had that many different flavours and brands in the 1 year i've been vaping though. Bought a bulk load of cheap out of date stock of V&G juices recently, as they're now no longer trading. The 3 flavours i alternate between are the aforementioned, Bakewell & Cookies and Ice Cream & Jam Roly Poly.

Don't like tobbaco flavours or old skool sweet shop flavours..too sickly for me.

And beside that..menthols and mints..but Artic Blast is my favourite...that one really has a punch to it! :D

Last edited:
And donkruler, forgot to mention that you could try using Stainless Steel instead of Kanthal.

As Stainless Steel has less resistance for the same wire gauge, also in my opinion it doesn't have a weird taste to it. And it opens options up, as it can also be used in TC mode.

Oh really, I think I have tried ss coils, but I can’t remember how they were. Would you say it increases flavour? Thanks [emoji106][emoji41]

My daily vape, is Vjuice's Tuned in Cherry, essentially tastes just like the cough sweets of the same name. But i also, like aniseed, liqourice, desserts (Cherry Bakewell by Vape & Glory is lush)..and i do try out others along the way. I don't think i've had that many different flavours and brands in the 1 year i've been vaping though. Bought a bulk load of cheap out of date stock of V&G juices recently, as they're now no longer trading. The 3 flavours i alternate between are the aforementioned, Bakewell & Cookies and Ice Cream & Jam Roly Poly.

Don't like tobbaco flavours or old skool sweet shop flavours..too sickly for me.

And beside that..menthols and mints..but Artic Blast is my favourite...that one really has a punch to it! :D

I have tried so many cherry tune vapes and the cherry is always floral or medicinal tasting, but I have not tried that Vjuice so I may just do that.

It seems you like the dessert type vapes which I’ve not crossed over to yet. I love the throat hot punch juices, but I find myself dabbing on the sweet candy American juices now, so I’ll see how long that lasts lol.

Have you tried Fetish gourmet elixers or Zeus juices? All UK based

I seem to get a weird taste with Kanthal, but I don't with Stainless Steel.

And with coils. It seems it's a compromise between mass, surface area and resistance. Plus different RTA's/RDA's/RDTA's seem to perform better with certain ID coils.

I have tried so many cherry tune vapes and the cherry is always floral or medicinal tasting, but I have not tried that Vjuice so I may just do that.

It seems you like the dessert type vapes which I’ve not crossed over to yet. I love the throat hot punch juices, but I find myself dabbing on the sweet candy American juices now, so I’ll see how long that lasts lol.

Have you tried Fetish gourmet elixers or Zeus juices? All UK based

I've tried a few other Cherry menthol ones too..and i know what you mean, some of them do taste a bit chemically. But Vjuices one is lovely imo.

Not heard of those other brands..but no doubt somewhere along the way, i'll acquaint myself with them, someday!

I seem to get a weird taste with Kanthal, but I don't with Stainless Steel.

And with coils. It seems it's a compromise between mass, surface area and resistance. Plus different RTA's/RDA's/RDTA's seem to perform better with certain ID coils.

Just wondering...i have quite a few spools of 316L wire to use up....am i right in thinking, that in wattage mode, S/S should be fired at lower awttages than Kanthal wire? If so, what sort wattages should i be aiming at with say a 1.0 build on a MTL tank? With Kanthal..i usually have it around 15 to 20 watts or thereabouts.

Just wondering...i have quite a few spools of 316L wire to use up....am i right in thinking, that in wattage mode, S/S should be fired at lower awttages than Kanthal wire? If so, what sort wattages should i be aiming at with say a 1.0 build on a MTL tank? With Kanthal..i usually have it around 15 to 20 watts or thereabouts.

Don't think there's any rule that you have to use SS at lower wattage. 15 to 20 watts will be fine. The difference will be that in order to get a 1 ohm coil with SS you would need more wraps than kanthal if you are using the same gauge wire with both.

Deaf Vaper, just like rew has said. SS has less resistance for the same gauge wire than Kanthal.

And to clear it up a little bit better, wattage or voltage is relevant to ohms. So wether Kanthal or SS, if a coil is 1 ohm it will require the same wattage or voltage. A simple free android app to help is called Watt Calculator.

But as I've mentioned as well you can also use SS in TC/Temperature mode as well as wattage or voltage modes as well, so can give you plenty of options to play with.

And for MTL, it's to your preference on resistance. Lower will make it hotter and harsher, Higher will make it cooler and smoother. But anywhere between 1 to 2 ohms is a good starting point. And don't forget to take notes as when you get it right for you, you want to be able to repeat it.

Back
Top Bottom