What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The best MTL RDA for high VG - You’re Recommendations

Slightly offcourse but i'm beginning to wonder if the 70/30 ratio is the reason why my Aspire BVC 1.60 or 1.80 stock coils aren't lasting more than 2 days.Maybe I should wick my own coils for higher VG.

Depends on the brand and type of juice i think. The sweeter they are, the more likely the coil will tend to clog up quicker. I think if you're MTLing with stock coils, then you ought to use 50/50 juices, as i do with my stock tanks. But an RTA tank can do thicker juices. My Siren 2 needs rewicking very couple of days or so with the 80/20...which is fine, cos it only takes a few minutes to do..and cost pennies in cotton.

I use those same BVC coils myself...but only with 50/50 ratio juices, and properly primed before using, i'm now getting about a week of of them, in my Nautilus Mini.

Last edited:
Depends on the brand and type of juice i think. The sweeter they are, the more likely the coil will just clog up quicker. I think if you're MTLing with stock coils, then you ought to use 50/50 juices, as i do with my stock tanks. But the RTA route does allow thicker juices to be used. My Siren needs rewicking very couple of days or so with the 80/20...which is fine, cos it only takes a few minutes to do..and cost pennies in cotton.

I use those same BVC coils myself...but only with 50/50 ratio juices, and properly primed before using, i'm now getting about a week of of them, in my Nautilus Mini.
Yeah I was getting longer with 50/50,i've now bought some 100 pg 7.20mg nic to go with @Lee juices that should even out the ratio a little.

I haven’t tried the Berserker rda, but I’ve been using a Cthulhu 1928 rda on an Aspire feedlink with 70% vg liquid, and it’s been a very flavourful & pleasant experience :) I got mine from FT, & they have fixed some of the concerns from users of the early batches (deck isn’t sand blasted & better o ring fit/tighter airflow).

Thanks for that heads up, as u mentioned the Cthulhu, I saw the reviews on YouTube and it seems promising.[emoji106][emoji106]

I'm new to RTAs myself, but quite like the Siren 2, which i'm currently vaping 80/20 juice in it currently, and that tank handles that just fine. Flavour reponse is rich, and not too airy. The other tank i'm trying out..is the Doggystyle. A tiny little thing, & has a simple deck, This one is a tad airier than the Siren, but i quite like it on an epipe. Currently have a 0.5 build in it, & 65/35 juice..but i think the Doggy could also vape 80/20 perhaps a little thicker juice. Both of these tanks to me, are so much better for flavour over a stock coil MTL tank.

I have a Siren 2 RTA but just didn’t work for me, it wicked with 50/50, but seemed to not wick with heavier juices. I mainly vape 50/50 anyway but I just could not get the Siren to wick right. I won’t give up on it as I think the build quality is great [emoji106] Cheers

I have a Siren 2 RTA but just didn’t work for me, it wicked with 50/50, but seemed to not wick with heavier juices. I mainly vape 50/50 anyway but I just could not get the Siren to wick right. I won’t give up on it as I think the build quality is great [emoji106] Cheers

What build have you got in the Siren @donkruler?

I'm currently using up the coils supplied in the Siren's box, which are 1.06 ohm. It vapes 80VG juice fine. But i do get air bubbles building up in the tank, due to the close proximity of the dome & the glass tube...so might come down a wee bit to 70/30 and see how that fares.

Do you get much in the way of leakage with your Siren? I've tweaked my coil positioning and wicking as good as i can get it, but still it ever so slightly weeps occasionally. But i don't think it's coming out of the air vent. The base seal on this tank is very think (not too mention that it keeps falling out, when refilling/rewicking)...me thinks there could air getting through the seal, hence the build up of air pockets in the tank, possibly?

Not a mega prob...just a bit messy!

Last edited:
What build have you got in the Siren @donkruler?

I'm currently using up the coils supplied in the Siren's box, which are 1.06 ohm. It vapes 80VG juice fine. But i do get air bubbles building up in the tank, due to the close proximity of the dome & the glass tube...so might come down a wee bit to 70/30 and see how that fares.

Do you get much in the way of leakage with your Siren? I've tweaked my coil positioning and wicking as good as i can get it, but still it ever so slightly weeps occasionally. But i don't think it's coming out of the air vent. The base seal on this tank is very think (not too mention that it keeps falling out, when refilling/rewicking)...me thinks there could air getting through the seal, hence the build up of air pockets in the tank, possibly?

Not a mega prob...just a bit messy!

I normally use standard kanthal, 1.2 to 1.3 ohm or if I can fit a mini Clapton in there, I will do that too. It’s funny as when I first got the tank, I think I was using to much cotton and it just would not wick. Someone then told me not have the cotton coming down the sides so I kinda just gave up, as when I tried in the past, it would not wick. When I did get it right, the juice I had in it didn’t taste of anything lol. I went back to my subtank mini which always vapes amazing. I now have 20 high VG juices which I just want to try, so instead of filling them in a tank, I want to just drip em and take it from there.

Where I went wrong was I was buying all these direct lung tanks and because I vape mints aniseeds and menthols, I was choking to death. I will try this Berserker MTL which I’ve not yet tried but it’s sitting here. I also have the vandy vape sqounk kit which I heard works well with a RDA.

I normally use standard kanthal, 1.2 to 1.3 ohm or if I can fit a mini Clapton in there, I will do that too. It’s funny as when I first got the tank, I think I was using to much cotton and it just would not wick. Someone then told me not have the cotton coming down the sides so I kinda just gave up, as when I tried in the past, it would not wick. When I did get it right, the juice I had in it didn’t taste of anything lol. I went back to my subtank mini which always vapes amazing. I now have 20 high VG juices which I just want to try, so instead of filling them in a tank, I want to just drip em and take it from there.

Where I went wrong was I was buying all these direct lung tanks and because I vape mints aniseeds and menthols, I was choking to death. I will try this Berserker MTL which I’ve not yet tried but it’s sitting here. I also have the vandy vape sqounk kit which I heard works well with a RDA.

You might wanna come down a bit, closer to 1 ohm maybe. I'm using standard Kanthal, for time being, but not sure what guage it is..probably 26 or 27awg. I'm still learning to get the wicking just right for that Siren..but definately not too much is key.

I was getting great flavour from it..but it's gone dull...so i'll be stripping it, clean the coil & dome up, then rewick again with some Muji cotton...and see how that fares.

I like menthols and ansiseed juices too, i'm currently vaping Black Jack in the Siren. But vaping menthol in a subby tank? Oh lorks!

If i tried subbing on V-juice's Artic Blast...i'd freeze dry my throat! :D

One tank i'm looking at, a bit of a veteran today, but would love to try out..is the Ubertoot UTA...but the price of them is just insane....anybody know where one of these can be got for a sensible price? As i'm not sure how good those cheap chinese clones are.

Last edited:
You could always try adding a little Distilled Water to high VG liquids to thin them down a little, just remember that a little goes a long way.

So the best option is to put 10ml at one side and add a drop or two of Distilled Water to it and see how you go.

You might wanna come down a bit, closer to 1 ohm maybe. I'm using standard Kanthal, for time being, but not sure what guage it is..probably 26 or 27awg. I'm still learning to get the wicking just right for that Siren..but definately not too much is key.

I was getting great flavour from it..but it's gone dull...so i'll be stripping it, clean the coil & dome up, then rewick again with some Muji cotton...and see how that fares.

I like menthols and ansiseed juices too, i'm currently vaping Black Jack in the Siren. But vaping menthol in a subby tank? Oh lorks!

If i tried subbing on V-juice's Artic Blast...i'd freeze dry my throat! :D

One tank i'm looking at, a bit of a veteran today, but would love to try out..is the Ubertoot UTA...but the price of them is just insane....anybody know where one of these can be got for a sensible price? As i'm not sure how good those cheap chinese clones are.

I think you right, I may try the Siren again with just standard kanthal and try not to pack it to much. Most ppl say it wicks high VG fine, but I always compare it to how easy I wick the subtank mini, still I can’t vape high VG in that, I get dry hits.

I have wicked the Berserker mtl rda and I used the larger air hole first and it was so loose and airy, just horrible. I put the second smallest air hole and it’s definitely the mtl I’m used to, so I will be testing my juices, a bit of trial and error!

Oh nice another strong flavour vaper lol don’t find many nower days, and I’m so use to the subtank mini, I can vape any ice menthols in it. What juices are your favourites?

You could always try adding a little Distilled Water to high VG liquids to thin them down a little, just remember that a little goes a long way.

So the best option is to put 10ml at one side and add a drop or two of Distilled Water to it and see how you go.

Thanks for that advice, and I have heard this before. When I first started vaping they always made 50/50. I now find juice companies set it to 70VG and I’m like why do they do that when it just decreases the flavour. I dunno [emoji2369].

Back
Top Bottom