What's new

Temp Control and Clapton

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
I think we've maybe hammered this topic into the ground now. Can we conclude this thing by saying, Temp Control on Steel should get you better battery life, but low power high resistance vaping is just as good? I have a new topic in mind. During my testing I maybe noticed something... To Be Continued.

until it's over 40 pages long NOTHING is hammered in to the ground around here, right @zouzounaki ? :D

Obviously the subject will drift widely during the course of the 40, as well, I would imagine. What did you have for your tea he other night?

Sorry, I was gonna come back but got totally side tracked by something else.

So I watched both videos. Very interesting. Learnt something new. But bottom line is the same. Battery drain is still determined by the current / amp draw. On an unregulated device that is directly related to the voltage and the resistance. But on a regulated device it's determined by the power alone. Which is pretty simple really. More power means more drain. All things equal, lower resistance = more power and more drain.

although I would replace 'will' with 'might' .... with regard to lower resistance needing higher power, I actually vape a 1.2ohm kanthal coil at a higher wattage than a 0.8 ohm SS one.... the SS heats up really quickly and requires less power I find.

But that's because you're changing another variable, namely the wire type. All things being equal lower resistance needs less voltage and higher current.

From what I'm understanding, changing the coil resistance on a regulated mod may not affect the draw from the battery, but will affect the amount of power/heat required to warm your coils and give you the vape you want. So different build resistances will be likely to need a different wattage setting to get the best vape .... which will then affect the draw from the battery?

Erm ..... is that right ........ ? :56:

Yes, that is right. All things being equal (wire type for example) lower resistance will need less voltage and more current. Which means higher drain.

@simong Here's the setup I was telling you about. Mod arrived today.

IMG_0147.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom