What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Temp Control and Clapton

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
From what I'm understanding, changing the coil resistance on a regulated mod may not affect the draw from the battery, but will affect the amount of power/heat required to warm your coils and give you the vape you want. So different build resistances will be likely to need a different wattage setting to get the best vape .... which will then affect the draw from the battery?

Erm ..... is that right ........ ? :56:

yeah that's exactly what we are saying, different wattage settings are what effect it.

although I would replace 'will' with 'might' .... with regard to lower resistance needing higher power, I actually vape a 1.2ohm kanthal coil at a higher wattage than a 0.8 ohm SS one.... the SS heats up really quickly and requires less power I find.

Maybe a misquote, I've never made that much sense.

although I would replace 'will' with 'might' .... with regard to lower resistance needing higher power, I actually vape a 1.2ohm kanthal coil at a higher wattage than a 0.8 ohm SS one.... the SS heats up really quickly and requires less power I find.
Bloody hell - I can only think in kanthal - don't confuse the blonde!! :P

I think we've maybe hammered this topic into the ground now. Can we conclude this thing by saying, Temp Control on Steel should get you better battery life, but low power high resistance vaping is just as good? I have a new topic in mind. During my testing I maybe noticed something... To Be Continued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom