What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Temp Control and Clapton

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
Aye but the interesting thing for me is the irrelevance (if it’s the case) of the coil resistance to current.

I had put a low resistance build in a doggystyled and was vaping it at 5w. This was after reading @simong ’s thread reviewing the aio eco, which has a very low voltage to lengthen battery life. I was trying to replicate it with a regulated mod.

I can say that the 0.4Ω coil at 5w made more vapour than a 1.5Ω one does but I know very little about this stuff so can’t reach any more conclusions.

This is how it works: somebody starts a thread, the conversation veers a little bit away from the topic, then a few other people completely sidetrack it and the op is never to be seen in there again. There must be a better way...
Oi. I was merely replying to a tag. Who tagged me again? :P

Interesting though, doing the dance with P=IV and V=IR, feels like being back in high school Physics. I see exactly where @Mitz is coming from. If I had the square root symbol I would quote the exact formula he used, but it's something like I=SQRT(P/R) and V=SQRT(PxR)

I cheat and use an ohms calculator. But don't tell anyone. :27:

Maths was never my strongest point and I left school long before they started teaching equations. :D

But, @Mitz and @John R , is this all irrelevant if we are using regulated mods, because, as mooch says, the regulator completely separates the batteries from the coil? So I suppose we could say resistance is futile...? :D

Don't think it's futile. Even in a regulated mod lower resistance will mean higher amp draw and less battery life. It's just regulated. You said yourself you are noticing a drop in battery life with a lower resistance build. You're using a regulated device, right?

Aye but the interesting thing for me is the irrelevance (if it’s the case) of the coil resistance to current.

I had put a low resistance build in a doggystyled and was vaping it at 5w. This was after reading @simong ’s thread reviewing the aio eco, which has a very low voltage to lengthen battery life. I was trying to replicate it with a regulated mod.

I can say that the 0.4Ω coil at 5w made more vapour than a 1.5Ω one does but I know very little about this stuff so can’t reach any more conclusions.

Resistance is not irrelevant. Resistance and voltage or resistance and power is what determines current. That's why on a mech you change the resistance to change the power output.

There is an end game here, honest!! I have a 22mm mech mod coming which I intend MTL'ing on, so this is all helping me tremendously. I knew @zouzounaki had been messing with battery longevity, so this all kinda rolls together nicely, from my perspective anyways.

Don't think it's futile. Even in a regulated mod lower resistance will mean higher amp draw and less battery life. It's just regulated. You said yourself you are noticing a drop in battery life with a lower resistance build. You're using a regulated device, right?

Wel that’s what I thought, it made sense after you posted it in the other thread. But you should watch the mooch video @simong posted above, it’s very interesting and he says that with a regulated mod, the battery doesn’t see the resistance at all. All it sees is the amount of watts the regulator asks it for. So 10w will draw the same current regardless of coil resistance.

I’m struggling to fully understand it due to the limits of my knowledge of science and electricity, but it’s interesting trying to get my head round it.

edit: and ps I’m sure it was me that hijacked he thread so don’t worry! :D

That's why we're discussing it, helping each other to the best vape experience we can attain.

Wel that’s what I thought, it made sense after you posted it in the other thread. But you should watch the mooch video @simong posted above, it’s very interesting and he says that with a regulated mod, the battery doesn’t see the resistance at all. All it sees is the amount of watts the regulator asks it for. So 10w will draw the same current regardless of coil resistance.

I’m struggling to fully understand it due to the limits of my knowledge of science and electricity, but it’s interesting trying to get my head round it.

edit: and ps I’m sure it was me that hijacked he thread so don’t worry! :D
About to have dinner so I will watch the video and come back to you.

Enjoy, we eat Mediterranean style, so it's still around 45 minutes away for me.

watch this from 9:45 too

it seems a lot of things don't make any difference in a regulated mod!

From what I'm understanding, changing the coil resistance on a regulated mod may not affect the draw from the battery, but will affect the amount of power/heat required to warm your coils and give you the vape you want. So different build resistances will be likely to need a different wattage setting to get the best vape .... which will then affect the draw from the battery?

Erm ..... is that right ........ ? :56:

It's all starting to get a wee bit confusing @Crewella , I think logically the more power you draw, the greater current depletes the battery.

Back
Top Bottom