What's new

Sxk doggystyle

For the doggy I would recommend 30awg ss316L or ni80.

Why SS or nichrome over kanthal? Personal preference or do they behave differently?

Are you trying to build low on it to see if you can get a similar effect to the Joyetech Eco?

Why SS or nichrome over kanthal? Personal preference or do they behave differently?

Are you trying to build low on it to see if you can get a similar effect to the Joyetech Eco?

Well aye, personal preference mostly, I think the lower resistance wire at 30awg suits tanks like the doggy.

And yes, you got it. I was inspired by @simong ’s review of the aio eco. It’s working pretty well, struggled a bit to get low enough resistance but it’s vaping nicely at 5-6w. I’m going to put a dual parallel coil in it tomorrow and see how that works.

It's a nice wee flavoursome tank, I personally coil mine using 9 wraps 26AWG Kanthal at 2.5ID, comes out around 1.2 ohms. Biggest issue I had was the drip tip, since swapping out the supplied one for a spare Siren 2 one I have, it works a lot better, no juice in the mouth any more.

A good tip is to partially wind the legs of the coil around the screw, as you can see in my first photo - this helps keep the coil in place as you trap it with the screw. It also helps to have rod through the coil as you install it.

Another one tip.
My preform tool for Doggystyle and Kayfun miniV3

tool.jpg

Hi,

Just got one of these and so far very happy with it. Tried it first off with a prebuilt 1.0ohm coil but didn't enjoy the mtl at 15 watts, so built a 1.8ohm coil from a premade nr-r-nr wire I use for my Protanks, now vaping at 8 watts and its spot on.

The best mtl rta I have used I'm just hoping that the cotton can keep up and doesn't get oversaturated. So easy to build on and I love the way you can tuck the cotton under the deck. Only problem I have had is that I only bought one so I keep having to take it apart and wash it out so that I can try different juices in it.

If it doesn't let me down in the next couple of days I can see me getting another one, or two..... this could be the first tank that gives my Protanks the well deserved retirement they are due. It also looks a treat on my Target mini - there is no other joy quite like vaping joy.

Hi,

Just got one of these and so far very happy with it. Tried it first off with a prebuilt 1.0ohm coil but didn't enjoy the mtl at 15 watts, so built a 1.8ohm coil from a premade nr-r-nr wire I use for my Protanks, now vaping at 8 watts and its spot on.

The best mtl rta I have used I'm just hoping that the cotton can keep up and doesn't get oversaturated. So easy to build on and I love the way you can tuck the cotton under the deck. Only problem I have had is that I only bought one so I keep having to take it apart and wash it out so that I can try different juices in it.

If it doesn't let me down in the next couple of days I can see me getting another one, or two..... this could be the first tank that gives my Protanks the well deserved retirement they are due. It also looks a treat on my Target mini - there is no other joy quite like vaping joy.

You could get a roll of 30awg ni80 wire and you’ll easily get up to 1.8Ω. I’ve never use nr r nr wire, have seen talk about it being needed for certain old tanks (ithaca?) but didn’t really understand how it works.

It’s really reliable, the little doggy. I’ve had mine since last spring and it’s still going strong. It goes out of favour but always ends up back in rotation.

You could get a roll of 30awg ni80 wire and you’ll easily get up to 1.8Ω. I’ve never use nr r nr wire, have seen talk about it being needed for certain old tanks (ithaca?) but didn’t really understand how it works.

It’s really reliable, the little doggy. I’ve had mine since last spring and it’s still going strong. It goes out of favour but always ends up back in rotation.
It was just a way of guaranteeing spot on ohms every time. No matter how you wound the wire it was always going to be the advertised ohms. Not seen any for awhile.

It was just a way of guaranteeing spot on ohms every time. No matter how you wound the wire it was always going to be the advertised ohms. Not seen any for awhile.

Ah ok, that makes sense, thanks. I’m thinking it might also allow longer legs without them heating up?

Back
Top Bottom