What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sxk doggystyle

I have 5 wraps of 30awg 316L at 1.5mm id. I’m trying an experiment to see if I can get a decent vape at less than 2v with low ohm builds. It’s working well, cooler than it would be at twice the resistance and voltage though. But nice.

I have 5 wraps of 30awg 316L at 1.5mm id. I’m trying an experiment to see if I can get a decent vape at less than 2v with low ohm builds. It’s working well, cooler than it would be at twice the resistance and voltage though. But nice.

Sounds interesting, I’ve only just moved into rebuildables, I’m cheating a bit as both coils were built by someone else. I’ll get it right though if it kills me. Loving the flavour of the Indigene Kona Paka in the doggy and Omusa in the Pico. It’s a whole new level.

Sounds interesting, I’ve only just moved into rebuildables, I’m cheating a bit as both coils were built by someone else. I’ll get it right though if it kills me. Loving the flavour of the Indigene Kona Paka in the doggy and Omusa in the Pico. It’s a whole new level.

I would recommend picking up a bobbin of 30awg wire. Wrapping the coils is the easiest bit, and when I tried using premade ones when I was starting out I found it was actually harder. If you wrap it yourself you know what tank you’re putting it in so you can make it to fit without any of the arsing about with it. Give it a go! :)

I was a bit reluctant to start building, my doggy sat in the drawer for about a month before I had a go. The coiling part is probably the easiest, it’s the fitting that can be a little fiddly

I would recommend picking up a bobbin of 30awg wire. Wrapping the coils is the easiest bit, and when I tried using premade ones when I was starting out I found it was actually harder. If you wrap it yourself you know what tank you’re putting it in so you can make it to fit without any of the arsing about with it. Give it a go! :)

I will cheers for the heads up! Is there anywhere you recommend getting it from or any particular brand. I’m going to need a few tools. Wire snippers and coil jigs. Might as well get them all together?

I will cheers for the heads up! Is there anywhere you recommend getting it from or any particular brand. I’m going to need a few tools. Wire snippers and coil jigs. Might as well get them all together?

I always get mine from crazy wire co. You can buy from their website or they have an ebay account. For the doggy I would recommend 30awg ss316L or ni80.

http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/produ...Steel---0.25mm--250-Micron---30-AWG--250.html

£1.50, can’t really go wrong!

I think some people find 28awg easier to use, I find the 30 easier to be honest, and find it works better as well. Ni80 is maybe a bit easier to wrap as it’s less springy. It’s good, has higher resistance that the 316l so you need less wraps. It’s personal preference really. You could get a roll of both and see what you prefer.

I’ve been building for a year and a bit and have never had a coil jig. All you really
need is a drill bit or a wee screwdriver to wrap on. Wire snips are handy, I blunted a pair of scissors before I bothered getting some...!

I always get mine from crazy wire co. You can buy from their website or they have an ebay account. For the doggy I would recommend 30awg ss316L or ni80.

http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/produ...Steel---0.25mm--250-Micron---30-AWG--250.html

£1.50, can’t really go wrong!

I think some people find 28awg easier to use, I find the 30 easier to be honest, and find it works better as well. Ni80 is maybe a bit easier to wrap as it’s less springy. It’s good, has higher resistance that the 316l so you need less wraps. It’s personal preference really. You could get a roll of both and see what you prefer.

I’ve been building for a year and a bit and have never had a coil jig. All you really
need is a drill bit or a wee screwdriver to wrap on. Wire snips are handy, I blunted a pair of scissors before I bothered getting some...!

Cheers I’ll check it out. Really grateful for taking the time and all the good advice you have given me.

Cheers I’ll check it out. Really grateful for taking the time and all the good advice you have given me.

No worries, any time. It’s a nice wee tank, the doggy. Any other questions just ask, quite a few people on the forum use them as well so you should get plenty of good advice and tips.

I’ve never used prebuilt coils before but have a look at @speedfreek67s build for an idea on how it should look

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/.../threads/first-time-doggy-style.155591/page-2

My post is on the page before - here is a direct link to it :D

28 gauge Kanthal, 2.5mm ID, 7 wraps, reading just under 1.3 ohms.

20170502_211057-jpeg.126346

20170502_213000-jpeg.126347

A good tip is to partially wind the legs of the coil around the screw, as you can see in my first photo - this helps keep the coil in place as you trap it with the screw. It also helps to have rod through the coil as you install it.

My post is on the page before - here is a direct link to it :D

A good tip is to partially wind the legs of the coil around the screw, as you can see in my first photo - this helps keep the coil in place as you trap it with the screw. It also helps to have rod through the coil as you install it.

Grand advice, I’ll be an expert in no time [emoji6] cheers everyone

Back
Top Bottom