What's new

SXK DDP One Clone

Crewella

Olympian
I just thought this was interesting, and it was cheap, and I like quirky little MTL tanks ...... and it was cheap. :D

As it turns out, I absolutely love it. It is a fiddly job putting it all together, and the single vertical coil was a pain to learn to get right (I'm afraid I only tried it in single as I have no interest in dual ..... but there is a different bit for the deck for dual coils), but it won't be that hard next time .... this was the learning curve. And I tend to like RDTA style decks, which this is - they vape quietly, and the flavour and quality of vape is usually good if they get it right. They got it right. And it can do a nice tight draw.

It's still really cheap on FT, and I'm chuffed to bits, if you can cope with the fiddly build it's perfect for tasting new juice as the flavour is spot on, and that means the big drawback of it being such a small tank doesn't matter. It's also quick and easy to fill. It says it takes 2ml on FT - yeah right ..... it's half the size ...... must have been a bloke who wrote that! ;)

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6390300

I thought it might help to show how it all works and do a build?

These are the bits:

P1150913.JPG

The clear (PC?) tank bit actually clicks into the base - there's no o-ring, and the yellow plastic (PC?) hood clicks into the metal top of the chamber, airholes pointing any way, doesn't matter.

P1150916.JPG

Once it's in, that thread you can see through the top is where the drip tip actually screws in, it's not a 510 drip tip.

P1150918.JPG

The deck will screw on down through the 510, but don't do that until you've built and wicked it.

P1150919.JPG

My build was my usual - 28 AWG kanthal coil on 2.5mm ID of 7 wraps, came out at 1.3 ohms. Make sure both legs go between the positive and negative and then bend each of them round 'outwards' to secure. If you try to take your legs round the outside of the posts you're likely to interfere with the plastic filler piece that goes on when you've built it,

P1150925.JPG

And the coil needs to line up with the hole in the deck for the wick to go down. Yes, I know ....... it's not the neatest vertical coil ....... sorry!

P1150927.JPG

Then screw the plastic bit onto the deck.

P1150928.JPG

Trim the wick at the top so it's no higher than the plastic, and about half way down the 510 post under the deck. Mine probably looks more than it actually is because I Scottish roll my wicks so they're a bit super-floofy. It pulled through without disturbing the coil.

P1150930.JPG

Juice it up, and fill through the fill port in the side of the plastic piece on the deck shown in the middle below (the small hole next to it is for air to prevent a vacuum), it fitted a 10ml bottle nozzle easily. It's supposed to be 2ml ......... bollocks. I reckon you'd be lucky to get 1ml in there!

P1150935.JPG

Right, last bit is putting the airlflow ring and drip tip in and fitting the chamber. This looks a nightmare, but if you trust it and more or less just slap it on ......... it will work fine.

The airflow ring slips on over an o-ring with those plates you can see on the ring facing down, that's what you move to open and close the airflow. Don't try to see or work out where it should be - just suck it and see whan you take a pull and twist, and adjust it then to taste. You'll drive yourself mad trying to second-guess it first .... or by trying to see it ...... for at least half an hour ....... ;)

The drip tip just screws in the top, but threads into the chamber and doesn't affect the air flow adjustment ring. It comes with two drip tips, both the same shape, one SS and one black plastic.

P1150923.JPG

Lastly, drop the whole chamber hood over the deck and screw it down (clockwise, as you'd think). You'll feel it drop into place as you twist and keep twisting until you feel it stop. That makes sure the air gets to the coil as it should.

..... and vape. It actually works well to adjust the airflow 'blind' as you draw, I just wasn't used to doing it that way!

I've been using it all night, I'll get another. :)

P1150936.JPG

Last edited:
Nice review @Crewella!
You have simplified what looks like a real daunting task when first attempting this atty.
I spent an afternoon with youtube when I first got mine and ended up with the nature vapes one you added above, it looked like he struggled a bit with it too.
Cheers

I have one of these somewhere. Struggled with it to be honest and so any help is welcome. Thanks for the tutorial. Will have to take another look at this one.

Just to add to this, having re-filled a couple of times, the chamber hood lifts off - it's easiest easing it off by wiggling it, twisting just starts to dis-assemble or tighten the tank section. And (as with many filler ports) don't poke the needle-nose bottle right in - let it have a little space around it when you fill. :)

Still chuffed with it after 24 hours constant use and a change of flavour. Flavour is really, really good on this. :D

I’ve not had good luck with tanks with a special tip. Even the hussar micro tank, which I loved for a wee while, eventually pissed me off.

I’ve not had good luck with tanks with a special tip. Even the hussar micro tank, which I loved for a wee while, eventually pissed me off.
I tend to agree - that was one of the things that originally put me off it. On the other hand, it's actually not bad - it's quite a narrow bore and at least it's not one of the tiny little nubbins that come with tanks like the Doggy. I like the drip tip more than I expected to, especially as you're given a choice of two.

I love mine and have it on Manabush rotation atm. I would've thought that the airflow was too loose for you @Crewella? I struggle to get it right for me - pretty much all closed off - so tend not to touch it once it's right. It's a cracking little thing. Have you tried the Zephyr? Similar build deck, similar fiddly airflow and similarly a pita to refill, so right up your street! :18:

I love mine and have it on Manabush rotation atm. I would've thought that the airflow was too loose for you @Crewella? I struggle to get it right for me - pretty much all closed off - so tend not to touch it once it's right. It's a cracking little thing. Have you tried the Zephyr? Similar build deck, similar fiddly airflow and similarly a pita to refill, so right up your street! :18:
Closed right down I've found it nice and tight, to be honest. I'm alternating with the Berserker Mini on one of the middle holes and they're pretty similar. Do you really find it a PITA to refill? I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was - though it did take a couple of goes to find 'the knack'.

On the other hand ..... I was a big fan of the Ruzgar design (still am, still use it) .......... where the filling system didn't work at all and you had to pull the top off the glass and fill it down the side like a cartomiser! :P

I have looked at the Zephyr, and will try it at some point.

ADDED: Just looked and remembered why I never plumped for the Zephyr. I get the heebejeebies if I can't see how much juice I have left. One of the reasons I loved the Ruzgar so much was that it had a metal sleeve to completely protect the glass tank (like you could get for the Nautilus tanks), but still allowed you to see your juice! :D

Last edited:
Just been reminded by this thread that I have one of these, I enjoyed building it, a bit different to what I usually use but good fun, will rewick tomorrow and give it a different flavour and see what I think. I have been so happy with the sxk pocket and the Dvarw I haven't been using much else lately!!

Back
Top Bottom