What's new

Sweet Spot & Ohms exploring

donkruler

Postman
Hi all,

Sorry, still learning about RDAs - I finally have my Berserker MTL RDA up and running. I am running a Clapton coil at 1.15ohms at 21 watts & I wonder if I’m getting the best out of it, in terms of flavour. I recall my subtank mini tasting better and full of flavour lol

For those who use this rda or any other, what is the sweet spot for you? Also do you recommend standard kanthal, instead of a Clapton or fancy coils?

Cheers [emoji119][emoji119][emoji106][emoji106]

Have you tried just a plain ss or ni80 coil in it? 28 or 30 awg and it will heat instantly and taste flavourful, and need less power.

for mtl i just use plain wire
0.3 mm ss seems to work best for me around 0.7 ohms (0.3 ss is the thinnest that holds up well to rewicking)
0.2 mm kanthal gets you around 1.2 ohms and is currently in the dvraw 16 working well
dont go much above 13 watts on both builds and as low as 9 watts some times and i norm do 5 or 6 wrap spaced coil

twisted wire can work well as that ramps up a lot quicker than clapton but can be a pain to work with
as long as your not using a mech ohms arnt the be all and end all but you still got to heat the coil up(small coils are your friend)
it take a bit of trial and error to find your sweet spot and it can vary with diff tanks but thats half the fun

height of the coil can make a diff to the flavor as well
in the beserker i tend to have all the bottom of the coil and the legs level so the coil sits about 1 or 2 mm off the deck

hope that helps

Have you tried just a plain ss or ni80 coil in it? 28 or 30 awg and it will heat instantly and taste flavourful, and need less power.

Hi, no not tried those in the RDA at all, I think I’ve tried a ss in a tank but I can’t recall how if honest. I will definitely try those. Thanks [emoji106][emoji106][emoji41]

Hi,
i'm using a 5 wrap clapton 0.5 ohm 3mm spaced coil made from Vandy Vape 316L Stainless Steel Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire in Innokin ares Rta . I used to worry about the Ohm rating of the coil but with this set up i get a very flavourful looser style MTL vape . It ramps up really quick as well , i'm using 28-29 watts . its not as stealthy but is a nice quick easy draw that i like .
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10040239/9645629

good luck
Jon

I added a wrap to the Ni80 fused clapton MTL coils that come with it, bringing it up to 0.8 ohms, and I liked them so much I bought a reel of the wire to carry on with.

It says they are 6 warps (sic) 0.7 ohms, but they are actually only 5 wraps so I added an extra wrap to bring it up to 6.

Keep wrapping coils, experiment with different oHms. Put different amounts of wattage through those coils.
Use different types of wire.
Vaping is an entertaining, frustrating, rewarding hobby, that can have positive outcomes you never thought of.

e.g. wrapping my own coils made me realise how poor my eyes had got over time, so I got my eyes tested realised I needed help with close up work (wrapping coils).
I got some decent reading glasses, now I'm soldering electronics as well as faffing with coils.
Might even build my own Mod!!

It’s all about experimenting and finding what you like for you. I rarely go above 12-15 watts regardless of if being a micro clapton or round wire build. But that’s just me. I also prefer my coils spaced rather than as contact coils. This is just stuff I’ve discovered by faffing about with trial and error. It’s the fun part! Also probably the cheapest element of the whole vaping caper [emoji23][emoji1303]

It’s all about experimenting and finding what you like for you. I rarely go above 12-15 watts regardless of if being a micro clapton or round wire build. But that’s just me. I also prefer my coils spaced rather than as contact coils. This is just stuff I’ve discovered by faffing about with trial and error. It’s the fun part! Also probably the cheapest element of the whole vaping caper [emoji23][emoji1303]
Don't you have a 400W mod? [emoji848]

Back
Top Bottom