What's new

Suggest some complicated coils for MTL?

Ive seen some vandy vapes clapton stuff .. dont know what its like though maybe give that a try?.. Id never use it - i tried the coils that came with the berserker .. and I can personally make a better tasting coil out of single strand nichrome .. so never used them again.

funky coils are not for me tho - so your mileage may vary
They where a very poor fit for the style of rta the berserker is. I tried one and in fairness with thicker tobacco liquid (little havana and vgods cubano) they performed ok but still had to be very hot before getting optimum flavour imo.
I do like an old fashioned kanthal 1-1.2 2.5mm coil.

I made these today @keepitgoin .... just variations of twisted wire.... using nothing more than mug and a screwdriver.

WP_20180212_19_36_46_Pro.jpg

I've made twisted coils from 30 and 32 AWG kanthal, but use the 'loop the wire through the end of a pen and keep rolling it up your leg until it snaps' method. Just make sure to keep the tension as you roll. :D

P1100550.JPG

Cheers for that @simong "mug and screwdriver" ?? Predictive text, or summat I'm missing?
What wire gauge and type, and what does the resistance work out to?

I used a few different gauges, 28awg and under ... there's 2 x 28, 2x32 together then twisted with a single 28awg etc etc .... resistances are all over the place, I wasn't aiming for anything in particular but they should all be between 0.5 and 1 ohm I would expect. :)

Screwdriver to hang the wire on, mug to spin around and twist the wires. :)

a mug is good because it's quite heavy and pulls the wire tight plus it has a handle to loop the wire through and when you give it a spin it goes for quite a while!

is this twisted wire any use? I meant to make some ages ago with some really thin wire the crazy wire company sent to me, by I’ve just not been able to be bothered.

is this twisted wire any use? I meant to make some ages ago with some really thin wire the crazy wire company sent to me, by I’ve just not been able to be bothered.

I'm not sure really I'll let you know! :D

I was just playing with a load of free wire an ape sent me once that's been sat around doing nothing for ages.

Let me know. If there’s any point to it, I’ll send you my skinny wire and you can twist it and send me it back :D

I used a few different gauges, 28awg and under ... there's 2 x 28, 2x32 together then twisted with a single 28awg etc etc .... resistances are all over the place, I wasn't aiming for anything in particular but they should all be between 0.5 and 1 ohm I would expect. :)

Screwdriver to hang the wire on, mug to spin around and twist the wires. :)

a mug is good because it's quite heavy and pulls the wire tight plus it has a handle to loop the wire through and when you give it a spin it goes for quite a while!
Aaaaah!! Gotcha now! Why 3 wires @simong ? I'm impressed that your resistance is quite so high! I'll give this a go

Aaaaah!! Gotcha now! Why 3 wires @simong ? I'm impressed that your resistance is quite so high! I'll give this a go

why? ... why not, I was just messing about for fun really. :)

I don't know they are that high but I don't think they'll be super low, they have 3mm ID's and quite a few wraps ... I'll measure some later and let you know.

Back
Top Bottom