What's new

Strike 18 coil advice

Still struggling for flavour even with 50/50 juice.... maybe this mtl stuff just ain't for me...

I have a question about the o-ring that goes around the pin - the tank came fitted with a gold pin (solid) which had a small o-ring fitted in it's groove, I have been trying to fit the silver (squonk) pin, but the o-ring groove seems to be smaller than the one on the gold solid pin, and I can't get the silver pin with the o-ring to fit in the recess. Should I just omit the o-ring, or should I put the o-ring under the head of the pin before screwing it in ?

IMG_20180404_200624_1.jpg

Thanks

Paul

I have a question about the o-ring that goes around the pin - the tank came fitted with a gold pin (solid) which had a small o-ring fitted in it's groove, I have been trying to fit the silver (squonk) pin, but the o-ring groove seems to be smaller than the one on the gold solid pin, and I can't get the silver pin with the o-ring to fit in the recess. Should I just omit the o-ring, or should I put the o-ring under the head of the pin before screwing it in ?

IMG_20180404_200624_1.jpg

Thanks

Paul

It looks like it's there as short protection, if you are using it on a regulated mod I wouldn't worry too much but I would be uneasy about using it on a mech without it unless there's an inner sleeve type thing inside.

Ah I see, I was thinking it was to stop the juice going around the outside of the pin when using a squonk setup. Paired with pico squeeze so I will omit it and see how it goes.

Thanks!

All very good information, really looking forward to mine arriving :)

It looks like it's there as short protection, if you are using it on a regulated mod I wouldn't worry too much but I would be uneasy about using it on a mech without it unless there's an inner sleeve type thing inside.

Yes, after spending 30 minutes trying to get this o-ring to play nice I finally got it sorted.

Seems the knack is, put it on the squonking pin to just under where it fattens out to the end where the allen key goes in, then as it starts to tighten, the o-ring "oozes" up to fill the gap between the positive pin and the negative threading of the atty.

Trying to place it directly into the groove in the squonking pin causes it to just ping off as you tighten it and a lot of "goddamn" moments, lol.

Now I just need to go wash my hands, covered in ejuice from trying to lube this chuffing ring to get it on.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Squonk is reborn

Well, it's been a few days living with the Strike 18 and all I have to say is hell YEAH! Works fantastically on top of the Pulse Mech, taste is very pleasant and squonking works very well. With the right atomiser, squonking isn't as bad as I initially thought.

IMG_1047.jpg IMG_1048.jpg

A Squonk is reborn

Well, it's been a few days living with the Strike 18 and all I have to say is hell YEAH! Works fantastically on top of the Pulse Mech, taste is very pleasant and squonking works very well. With the right atomiser, squonking isn't as bad as I initially thought.

View attachment 158522 View attachment 158523
She's as good as it gets for mtl squonking mate isn't she. The berserker comes close and the short cranked is very good to which surprises me for a 22mm rda. The karma was very good to but for experienced.squonkers as although the deck is deep its still bottom airflow.
Any one who picks up a short cranked clone. Set that coil low. It goes against every sensible fibre in your body but it works.

Interesting @eyeball kid , I'll stick it in my wishlist, awaiting the slowboat for a Hadaly and Entheon clone right now. Single coilers seem the way forward for Mech Squonkers. The deck on the Short Cranked reminds me a little of the Le Zephyr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting @eyeball kid , I'll stick it in my wishlist, awaiting the slowboat for a Hadaly and Entheon clone right now. Single coilers seem the way forward for Mech Squonkers. The deck on the Short Cranked reminds me a little of the Le Zephyr.
Yeah it's the deck is the clasic attysmith design. Wick all around.

Back
Top Bottom