What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Strike 18 coil advice

Screwball

Postman
Morning All,

Now I'm predominantly a dtl vaper but after buying the Mrs an sxk doggystyle and having a go myself I thought get myself a little mtl setup...
I decided on the strike 18 rda to sit on my Pico squeeze so ordered 1 from ft, it arrived yesterday and I threw in a 1.2ohm 29awg ni80 5 wraps with a 2.5mm id...
But there's hardly any flavour whatsoever?!!
Anyone got any recommendations for a decent flavour coil?

Cheers
15210955210262119009079.jpg

@eyeball kid

Im using 28awg kanthal at the mo and have moved the post to make life easier. Tbh this is my first build on this deck so will watch with interest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 149
Morning All,

Now I'm predominantly a dtl vaper but after buying the Mrs an sxk doggystyle and having a go myself I thought get myself a little mtl setup...
I decided on the strike 18 rda to sit on my Pico squeeze so ordered 1 from ft, it arrived yesterday and I threw in a 1.2ohm 29awg ni80 5 wraps with a 2.5mm id...
But there's hardly any flavour whatsoever?!!
Anyone got any recommendations for a decent flavour coil?

CheersView attachment 155039

Move the post round so they are more next to each other then put the coil on one side directly in front of the air hole. .... more like @Qwackers98 has done. If you aren't using it on a mech I'd add a few more wraps too for a larger coil.

As above. I've previously given the advice of where to put the coil posts but to be fair that was the wrong approach as everyone coils differently.
You want that coil right up against the edge of the well , not central. Then adjust the posts to match the size of your coil.
There's probably only 3 or so mm between the airflow hole and my coil.
This is where the flavour is to be found.

@eyeball kid

Im using 28awg kanthal at the mo and have moved the post to make life easier. Tbh this is my first build on this deck so will watch with interest.
Excellent. Still room to push a little further toward the deck edge though and be rewarded with more flavour.
I will put another pic up shortly.

Back
Top Bottom