What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Strange Pandora issue

Agreed. I’m probably guilty of overtightening anyway. Now I’m easing off on both, it’s so much easier to get the bellcap tank off the deck for refills.
Think this is my favourite out of the batch of three I’ve just picked up.
The bellcap makes it pretty much perfect. I've just ordered a new one myself.
I've also been caught out with tight chimneys and high coils, wire clippings and burrs dozens of times.
I remember the goon lp dripper was hellish for shorting. If it could, it would. Lol.

Having my new bellcap arrive from manabush today has highlighted the fact that I'm sure the og issue was a short.
The original cap is stainless so will complete any circuit should a coil be touching. The bellcap is alloy and non conductive, so will not show any shorts to the chimney.

I will add one final thought as a Pandora user for anyone who may find this thread when Google dumps them here.
Having just recoiled both my Pandora rta's when putting the bellcaps into use I'd definitely recommend when coiling you wrap your wire legs right around the post screws so when you clamp down the screw, you have to cut the excess wire on the inside of the coil posts.
I went lazy at first and just quickly clamped them cutting the wire on the outside of the post and walked straight into a short myself.
(Not saying definitively that this was The op 's original issue).
The gap between the deck and chimney when put back together is so well made that there's very little gap and the most minute amount of protruding wire from your coil leg cut is very likely to cause a short.
Take the extra thirty seconds to wind that wire right round that screw folks.

Back
Top Bottom