What's new

Strange Pandora issue

Simebaby

Postman
Hi All
Just using the Pandora which landed yesterday. Got a strange issue with the 2ml tank.
If I tighten the chimney *right* to the point the threads “bite”, the coil shorts. If I loosen it even a tiny amount, the coil registers. This happens if I just attach the chimney (i.e. leave the tank / fill ports off).
Main issue is when I attach the tank to a mod, when I screw it on that tightens the chimney fully and shorts the coil.
I’ve got the bell cap as well, and with that chimney it’s fine, even fully tightened.
Not the end of the world as I’ll most likely keep it as a bottom fill, but was curious as to what I’m missing. I’m almost certain the coil isn’t contacting the chimney at all.
TIA
Si

Hi All
Just using the Pandora which landed yesterday. Got a strange issue with the 2ml tank.
If I tighten the chimney *right* to the point the threads “bite”, the coil shorts. If I loosen it even a tiny amount, the coil registers. This happens if I just attach the chimney (i.e. leave the tank / fill ports off).
Main issue is when I attach the tank to a mod, when I screw it on that tightens the chimney fully and shorts the coil.
I’ve got the bell cap as well, and with that chimney it’s fine, even fully tightened.
Not the end of the world as I’ll most likely keep it as a bottom fill, but was curious as to what I’m missing. I’m almost certain the coil isn’t contacting the chimney at all.
TIA
Si

Sounds like you've got the coil sitting too high.

Hi All
TIA
Si
How very odd!

you got it from us yeah ?
I can honestly say ive not experienced that in any of my 6

happy to swap it out for you ?

Sounds like you've got the coil sitting too high.
actually yeah it could be this ..

I have my coils pushed right down towards the air hole .. improves flavour a lot as well

"I’m almost certain the coil isn’t contacting the chimney at all."

I'm almost certain it's touching something....

Could be the coil legs not snipped close enough to the screws.

How very odd!

you got it from us yeah ?
I can honestly say ive not experienced that in any of my 6

happy to swap it out for you ?
Good business/customer relations here. Just wish more was like you!!!....

actually yeah it could be this ..

I have my coils pushed right down towards the air hole .. improves flavour a lot as well

I did, yep. Thanks for that, it's much appreciated.

Don't think it's the coil height as the Bellcap chamber is the same size / height as the 2ml chamber - but it only happens in the 2ml. The coil is also as low as I dare take it - well below the top of the posts.
That said it only happens if everything is nipped. If I back off a tiny bit it's fine, I can live with it. Especially as I will probably use more as a bottom fill, when I work out how to sensibly open it up for filling :D

Definitely sounds like a short somewhere. The bellcap chimney being slightly different in design may be more forgiving.
Possible there's a burr on the original chimney interior.
The high coil position definitely makes you think coil short first.

Definitely sounds like a short somewhere. The bellcap chimney being slightly different in design may be more forgiving.
Possible there's a burr on the original chimney interior.
The high coil position definitely makes you think coil short first.

Agreed. I’m probably guilty of overtightening anyway. Now I’m easing off on both, it’s so much easier to get the bellcap tank off the deck for refills.
Think this is my favourite out of the batch of three I’ve just picked up.

Back
Top Bottom