What's new

Spica Pro by Sirius Mods

Hello again... has anybody tried their Spica Pro in TC mode? I don’t seem to be able to nail it with SS316L 28G, 2.5 mm ID, spaced at 0.9 Ohm! PBusardo didn’t succeed with it either. Has anybody?

Hello again... has anybody tried their Spica Pro in TC mode? I don’t seem to be able to nail it with SS316L 28G, 2.5 mm ID, spaced at 0.9 Ohm! PBusardo didn’t succeed with it either. Has anybody?

Not tried it personally, but @John R might of.

Yes, it's the only way I've ever used it. I don't use SS though, NiFe30 is my go-to material choice.

Dug a clone off the atty stand tonight... forgot how tight it was, but enjoying it for a wee change. Running in TC, no issues.

IMG_1970.jpg

Dug a clone off the atty stand tonight... forgot how tight it was, but enjoying it for a wee change. Running in TC, no issues.

View attachment 218100
I think some of the clone AFC inserts are a bit shonky. I had to fettle the 3 hole one to widen it to achieve a draw that I like. Will be using this over the weekend with my favourite tobacco blend as I feel it really shines with the more 'grown up' juices. For me its a sofa only atty though as its just way too big and ugly. God forbid I was seen in public with it ;).

I ripped apart the shonky one last night but I lost the will to fettle it. I assume you lifted out the upper positive pin and widened the wee hole? Would be nice to fix it so I can use it on the helix cap.

I ripped apart the shonky one last night but I lost the will to fettle it. I assume you lifted out the upper positive pin and widened the wee hole? Would be nice to fix it so I can use it on the helix cap.
I took the three pronged pin and used a small file (saw file) to open up the gaps a little. All three pins were producing a draw too tight for me. Id guess something around a .8mm draw. Ive got it to closely resemble my preferred 1.2mm and am really happy with it. You could wrap a it of wet and dry around a ruler and do it that way if you don't have a small file. I think, from memory, you like it tighter though?

There's tight and there's passing out trying to get air through it :)

Back
Top Bottom