What's new

Siren V2

Finally vaped my Skyline dry, now to get the cracked tank off without cutting myself, heh

on the mod is fine. It took me about 18 months to finally buy a meter thing..... all you need to do is check it's not shorting out really.

Ok thank-you. I won’t confuse myself too much now. I’ll wait until I’ve got a tank & some bits to get going then post a thread for assistance

Most kind of you @Sunastar & thanks for the offer. I’m in no rush as I still need to get myself a little kit etc before I even start. Or I might buy pre-mades to start off.

One ?? though. Is it safe to use the mod to read the resistance of the coil once it’s in or is a meter better ?
No probs, just trying to help out.
As far as checking resistance is concerned, depends on how accurately the board in the mod reads it, and therefore on the quality of the mod. I use a SX Mini with a yihi board with no issues, but if it was a Smok mod, I would use a meter every time...

Now I can breathe, got the glass off without it shattering, god bless NHS dermagrip gloves \o/

No probs, just trying to help out.
As far as checking resistance is concerned, depends on how accurately the board in the mod reads it, and therefore on the quality of the mod. I use a SX Mini with a yihi board with no issues, but if it was a Smok mod, I would use a meter every time...

it doesn't really matter though does it? I mean MTL vaping on a regulated device, the mod will read the coil at what it reads it at anyway.

If I build my tank up on my tab pro and it says it's 1.26ohms and then I put it on my mod and it reads it at 1.12 ohms, who cares and there's nothing I can do about it anyway. .... unless you don't trust your mod to detect a short but any decent regulated mod should do.

.... maybe not a smok though, like you say! lol..

And Inwouldnt bother with a coil reader, I’ve never had one and in a year and a half of building I’ve never had a problem. An unnecessary expense, I would say, if you have a mod that displays resistance.

Back
Top Bottom