What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Siren V2 Advice

Veritas

Initiate
Hoping for some advice on this tank, received today and I would like to try and get the best from it. :) Which Im sure currently isnt quite the case.

Its seems well built and the ability to top fill it so easily is great, lots of air flow options aswell, but I dont feel the flavour is amazing, like I hoped it would be, my nautilus 2 is probably currently better, it also likes the strike me with random spikes of adrenlin with some pretty loud pops!

So far I just used the coil that came with it, Im really not so sure what its made from, it reads around 1 Ohm on one of my boxes and 1.2 ohm on another, Im not sure best wattage to run on it currently. I wicked it with muji pads, Ive been reading up and read that maybe using more cotton would stop it poping, others seem to say the tanks just pop anyway! Im looking to buy some wire for it, can anyone reccomend what they deem would be a good easy wire to use, maybe kanthal 28 or 30 guage ? Also could someone reccomend a diamter of coil and maybe how many coils they wind to get a good results. Im was really hoping for a great improvment in flavour over the nautilus, any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I would recommend 28 gauge Kanthal, and use steam engine to work out your builds.

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html

I don't have the Siren 2, but on my Siren 1 I used the build below with good effect.

steamengine.jpg

Just to update, the flavour is actually great, must just have taken a bit of time to bed in, quite happy with it and hoping once I get used to building with it can get rid of the popping!

Don't have the Siren 2 but tend to put 28 AWG kanthal 2.5mm ID 6/7 wraps in nearly everything too. And buy from Stealthvape! :D

Don't have the Siren 2 but tend to put 28 AWG kanthal 2.5mm ID 6/7 wraps in nearly everything too. And buy from Stealthvape! :D
Almost the same exact coils for me, except 7/8/9 wraps.
I am planning to start doing twisted coils soon though.
When I can be bothered!

Back
Top Bottom