What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Show us your - Mini Mod and Stealth Set-ups

Simon G was the pathfinder on this one and when I asked him he said just chuck your normal build in it and don't fuss. He was spot on.
Again, we all vape differently. Longer draw, more pressure and use different juices.
I use manabush consistently and have never had issue. I actually found the true fusier.

Wasn't it that the hole at the top of the chimney didn't match the bore of the drip tip which led to 'puddling'. Cthulhu changed the bore of the drip tips I believe and made them available cheaply for existing Mini owners.

I had the wider bore tip, got it after they had changed it. Still I was drinking liquid, and it happened with both of them, but worse with the long one. I puff other tanks with different bore drip tips and chimneys and never had this problem except with the hastur mini. Even those two drip tips were fine on other tanks.

I had the wider bore tip, got it after they had changed it. Still I was drinking liquid, and it happened with both of them, but worse with the long one. I puff other tanks with different bore drip tips and chimneys and never had this problem except with the hastur mini. Even those two drip tips were fine on other tanks.
I know what you are saying, I had the same problem until I put the N2 tip on and everything was good. I can't explain what the problem was either, I'm no expert in this field, I can only go on my own experiences and what others have said

I know what you are saying, I had the same problem until I put the N2 tip on and everything was good. I can't explain what the problem was either, I'm no expert in this field, I can only go on my own experiences and what others have said

Had a similar problem with Vapefly Galaxies RTA - from cold would spit on first draw
Once it had warmed up it was usually fine, but fuck me it was like marksman aiming for my tongue

Won't say I've completely sussed it, but deffo improved and perhaps "seems" to work sweet atm

Read up that some RDA's had this issue with wider spaced coils but not touching coils or closely spaced coils
Made up a slightly larger ID coil (aprox 2.75~2.8mm instead of 2.5mm), dropped one wrap/coil and got a slightly lower ohm coil
was using 1.4~1.5ohm but now experimenting larger id 1.2~1.3ohm
Then these spaced coils are pinched a little to make them closely spaced, not touching but closely spaced

Problem with the hastur mini is that it comes by default two small air points under the coil
In reviews there was 3 air jet blocks supplied, but Cthulhu seems to have dropped these option/extras
So might need say 7 wraps and "pinch" or close up the coil a little left/right of centre wrap 3+1+3 pinch
(I've ordered the larger hastur instead than the mini)

Also pay close attention to the volts on the mod in question because this crap varies
on some mods 10w will fire at 3.7v say, same tank on another fires at near 4.0v and sizzles/pops/spits like fuck
Normally this doesn't matter on some tanks but the Galaxies - fuck me you go over say 3.8v and she will try to spit
Certain tanks on "some" mods behave differently - must be due to "default" settings and/or way the chipset calculates the stuff
Some mods have a "softer start" or alter the volts on the 10w setting
(Some Smok mods have a "strength" setting min/soft/norm/hard/max where the Volts lower slightly but Watts remain the same
perhaps adjusting the Amps as V x A = W - yes I know V x V / Ohms = W, but Watts is also V x A, but I'm no expert either)

After all this bollocks above, the hastur mini "might" be like the Galaxies that has a slightly lower limit on power before spitting
I think the voltage plays a big factor on Galaxies spitting - stay on say 3.6~3.7v if possible, slightly longer warm up time but no spit
Also think a less loosely spaced coil, perhaps slightly larger ID with one less coil to keep value aprox same
The tighter coil "might" reduce risk of extra/over saturation around the coil perhaps reducing risk of cold spitting

Why some shit works fine for most tanks, but one or two are wankers is beyond me
(Ehpro True seems to register a coil as about 0.1 ohms less that the other RTA's ??? deck conducts better ??? fuck knows)

So far what I discovered is drop the volts a smidge, pinch the coil, seems to reduce or calm down a spitting banshee Galaxies tank

Had a similar problem with Vapefly Galaxies RTA - from cold would spit on first draw
Once it had warmed up it was usually fine, but fuck me it was like marksman aiming for my tongue

Won't say I've completely sussed it, but deffo improved and perhaps "seems" to work sweet atm

Read up that some RDA's had this issue with wider spaced coils but not touching coils or closely spaced coils
Made up a slightly larger ID coil (aprox 2.75~2.8mm instead of 2.5mm), dropped one wrap/coil and got a slightly lower ohm coil
was using 1.4~1.5ohm but now experimenting larger id 1.2~1.3ohm
Then these spaced coils are pinched a little to make them closely spaced, not touching but closely spaced

Problem with the hastur mini is that it comes by default two small air points under the coil
In reviews there was 3 air jet blocks supplied, but Cthulhu seems to have dropped these option/extras
So might need say 7 wraps and "pinch" or close up the coil a little left/right of centre wrap 3+1+3 pinch
(I've ordered the larger hastur instead than the mini)

Also pay close attention to the volts on the mod in question because this crap varies
on some mods 10w will fire at 3.7v say, same tank on another fires at near 4.0v and sizzles/pops/spits like fuck
Normally this doesn't matter on some tanks but the Galaxies - fuck me you go over say 3.8v and she will try to spit
Certain tanks on "some" mods behave differently - must be due to "default" settings and/or way the chipset calculates the stuff
Some mods have a "softer start" or alter the volts on the 10w setting
(Some Smok mods have a "strength" setting min/soft/norm/hard/max where the Volts lower slightly but Watts remain the same
perhaps adjusting the Amps as V x A = W - yes I know V x V / Ohms = W, but Watts is also V x A, but I'm no expert either)

After all this bollocks above, the hastur mini "might" be like the Galaxies that has a slightly lower limit on power before spitting
I think the voltage plays a big factor on Galaxies spitting - stay on say 3.6~3.7v if possible, slightly longer warm up time but no spit
Also think a less loosely spaced coil, perhaps slightly larger ID with one less coil to keep value aprox same
The tighter coil "might" reduce risk of extra/over saturation around the coil perhaps reducing risk of cold spitting

Why some shit works fine for most tanks, but one or two are wankers is beyond me
(Ehpro True seems to register a coil as about 0.1 ohms less that the other RTA's ??? deck conducts better ??? fuck knows)

So far what I discovered is drop the volts a smidge, pinch the coil, seems to reduce or calm down a spitting banshee Galaxies tank

The problem with the hastur isn’t spitting, for some of us it was actually sucking liquid up the tip like a straw.

The problem with the hastur isn’t spitting, for some of us it was actually sucking liquid up the tip like a straw.
Yeah it's compact, low airflow design leaves it prone to the straw effect.
Again it's never happened to me but that may be that I fall directly into the group who's daily build/vaping style it fits perfectly.
As for the previous post, yes it does prefer lower voltage than you'd normally expect but a specific build should have a constant correlation between voltage and wattage. That said as you say many newer mods offer a voltage buck at the beginning of the button press that isn't helpful for mtl vapers.
The vaperesso omni board does this but if you switch into voltage mode, you can 're set the power delivery to a constant voltage which sorts it out.

Looks like a auctioneer's gavel! That's a very long & skinny tank on that.
My boss is banned from using it as such ........ :D

Those are the sort of tanks I used to run on the original Kamry pipes - always longer thinner ones. :)

Found another.

upload_2019-1-30_14-49-55.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom