What's new

Show us your - Mini Mod and Stealth Set-ups

I do like the look of the mini's. Are they fiddly?

I liked it in principle but it had too many drawbacks. The chamber and chimney are too small so I’d get liquid coming up the tip. It also was fussy about how it wicked, sometimes it seemed to verge in dry hits. There was also hardly any adjustment in the airflow on the one I had.

But a lot of people seem to love it. There were a few getting liquid coming up the tip. I think it suits a certain type of draw, if you suck too hard it’s curtains.

I like the mouthpiece on those mini’s, how would you rate them vs other MTL tanks?
I didn't like mine, I was getting small amounts of hot juice through it, something to do with the bore of the tip being smaller than the outlet on the top of the atty. I swapped it out for a Nautilus 2 tip and it's all good now.

I didn't like mine, I was getting small amounts of hot juice through it, something to do with the bore of the tip being smaller than the outlet on the top of the atty. I swapped it out for a Nautilus 2 tip and it's all good now.

I’m sure that problem was caused simply by the chamber being too small and the chimney being too narrow. I was getting it even with the wider black tip. But both tips worked fine on other tanks. It had some good points but in the end I really disliked it. Useless.

I’m sure that problem was caused simply by the chamber being too small and the chimney being too narrow. I was getting it even with the wider black tip. But both tips worked fine on other tanks. It had some good points but in the end I really disliked it. Useless.
Wasn't it that the hole at the top of the chimney didn't match the bore of the drip tip which led to 'puddling'. Cthulhu changed the bore of the drip tips I believe and made them available cheaply for existing Mini owners.

Loved it from the start. Never had a dry hit and the drip tip is really nice.
Just slammed a 1-1.2 ohm coil in. Used 27 and 28 awg so either 6 or 7 wraps depending on wire gauge and slightly spaced the coil to match the post screws.
Lightly wicked keeping it off the bottom.
Never an issue. You really need less power though. As I say I run around 3.5v as the chamber is small. Not difficulty small though.

Wasn't it that the hole at the top of the chimney didn't match the bore of the drip tip which led to 'puddling'. Cthulhu changed the bore of the drip tips I believe and made them available cheaply for existing Mini owners.
Only the plastic tip was initially too small. Your right that it caused a straw like effect so had to be widened. I simply drilled mine out but actually prefer the longer one.

Back
Top Bottom