What's new

Show off your favorite devices for MTL setups

I think all of us use the screwdriver trick to get it apart. IMO the Ehpro is a better option than the Vamo. For me if I ever save enough to get a Dani I would buy the Dani Box instead of the tube.

It’s funny, mine comes apart really easy, it rarely gets stuck and needs a screwdriver, although it seems most folk have this problem with it. I just pish the tank down while screwing it and it comes off easily.

Are people maybe screwing it together too tight?

IMG_4850.JPG

All I needed for today :)

It’s funny, mine comes apart really easy, it rarely gets stuck and needs a screwdriver, although it seems most folk have this problem with it. I just pish the tank down while screwing it and it comes off easily.

Are people maybe screwing it together too tight?
+1 for the screwdriver/small Allen key trick. @Sprite71 My Doggys used to get stuck fairly regularly. It was one of the reasons I gave up using them. It really is piss poor design to have an afc which spins through 360 degrees when there is nothing else to hold the base with when unscrewing the tank. Two simple designs to solve the problem would have been a notch on the base with a corresponding lug on the afc as used on the Cloud One, or the pin on the base and corresponding recess on the afc as used by the Hussar.
With regard to the top, I had the same problem with one of my Doggy clones. The chimney should unscrew from the top cap, but mine was so tight I had to resort to using pliers to separate them. I used a pair of small slip-joint pliers on the top cap at the same time using small needle nose pliers to hold the bell inside the tank. *If you do use pliers, make sure you always have some cloth between the plier jaws and the component, to avoid doing any damage*. If you hold the bell steady, the top cap should unscrew if you turn it anticlockwise.
(edited to include poster's name)

Last edited:
That was a typo by the way, I don’t pish the tank down, what I do is PUSH it down! :D

It just didn’t make sense to me in translating it but I wrote it of as a Scottish saying [emoji23]

It is a Scottish word but not something that I would consider doing to my tank. On the other hand, if it doesn’t come apart maybe I will :D

+1 for the screwdriver/small Allen key trick. @Sprite71 My Doggys used to get stuck fairly regularly. It was one of the reasons I gave up using them. It really is piss poor design to have an afc which spins through 360 degrees when there is nothing else to hold the base with when unscrewing the tank. Two simple designs to solve the problem would have been a notch on the base with a corresponding lug on the afc as used on the Cloud One, or the pin on the base and corresponding recess on the afc as used by the Hussar.
With regard to the top, I had the same problem with one of my Doggy clones. The chimney should unscrew from the top cap, but mine was so tight I had to resort to using pliers to separate them. I used a pair of small slip-joint pliers on the top cap at the same time using small needle nose pliers to hold the bell inside the tank. *If you do use pliers, make sure you always have some cloth between the plier jaws and the component, to avoid doing any damage*. If you hold the bell steady, the top cap should unscrew if you turn it anticlockwise.
(edited to include poster's name)

I haven’t had a go yet, hoping the hairdryer trick will work but I suspect it will come down to pliers!

Yes crazy design really, the air control just keeps spinning round when you try to open it so I did resort to using a screwdriver yesterday when I filled it up. Either Zouzounaki has a vice like grip or opening it while attached to the mod makes it easier. I always take the tank off by habit when I’m filling

I always take mine apart on the mod. Just push it down into the mod as you turn it and it should come off no problem. Mind and not put it on too tight, as well.

I always take mine apart on the mod. Just push it down into the mod as you turn it and it should come off no problem. Mind and not put it on too tight, as well.

I’ll try that, thanks. I think I did over tighten it unintentionally... whilst I was putting it on the mod, I carried on screwing before noticing it was the tank that was turning

UD Mesmer on the Nugget 2. Even after over a year the battery lasts all day @13w. About as stealthy as you can get w a stock coil tank + regulated mod.
pXtJstP0X6Rhxp6iXiOGe0pjpQ0dA73p7co7AsOShpYwCp_6oe9ZYSJxSOYMa0Vn8slphulgPIuzG7jM2fYLLsAWsMkWrjoMuSmFeyTnIk6UpdB4Z_b5p2DtnXbpkuxaOg2OaszkmmWylv9Fc3F0WV8_YXf6L2K2mpfqpkPCYLs5a_pCKMHlpSISXkHZC6RxyDtHyDPZhM4eqf92xMGOiBUpC8r8gUhrk2oQeAIscbGT1DTAJScZMXtvpx5neJZ6IiRRrmfl0MfSoPcl2yR76xlbTGBqVpJWm-2XsHl2KsgqeKph3rClToQ9DSgbLfDtUs_q_2E7zdJZRIeB9QdXM1gaPVVjfcy8RZU1bEvxFsgx0xTtAsmQIDesJyjtMelLZg_U2M-h3ya5_ovZulLE24TNmuwSOeTzxNueSHgHYVOoul5E1jnN20ryp_coem2HIBL7GB9F2gblUmzQWne_WPGAATMyt0qQP-qfRaNGg2obqmKglhpBYeaeUvxRk0aynpQ1665_iwg_wwTUBsh1kFO8wrwuf7oTvbVY8jmMZEtSg4khg0sPKGhyvzWz-HBZKIrLYnSnpLZJetzZ2wA30wMwrkM76RTDQsLoZFYn=w1299-h974-no

On the rx mini for at home use
_SZX3UkFWwlCjlw87b63bj8geeVM1MR5sdGH_hpnlSw4SgzG3jM61iYCvgo2aNpPpvuRjwk9Yh2hixjy4DAbGBw7oYOOzUFM-Pl9LjcGkTY62CUof1Vk9oHPk-tEDdCevU6YmdeCejAzMCARK6dBbOok8QRiWOvS-vmgi1JuEI7KAGiKP_eQma_efYpTQ1yxdRZ1k3BYmIR4GeKoH1wK8GnRAnl36dy4YyRK-BDU9-wPRCWXF24suIGOLbwzZvhXYGPS9MW_aSReq1q2fnxWZC35EJ7N1JV3YLSKM6hlQGtzHx02WI0yyRBl02gvtlxdbSuP2p1DOnp2fjHPUBJfNdei8tUO3likKZWrOOBdqkyrBDWpv7cDqftZcJKstiR4p_tv9oMyBwXp1ML53yaGHlC3rz7U7659xbO3Czh5nmwWzJmpjBqp2Jd1zv2yWJuOYjbipDL9L0srFd30aea66A9M0X4eadDW0_9namxivfeZWsv5zmm5bPdw_Zwno1AOC6NldyxVflIEGj28u4k8qXSyf3hJHjF6OLzvGxmGSYlbjuIxoXwVvmATYzQS75vRhowLiZS6ThrGmgEewh8EgzhFgHLM16gmPxVQMmgL=w1299-h974-no

Back
Top Bottom