What's new

Show off your favorite devices for MTL setups

I didn't like the siren 1 @Fuctifino so I was never going to like the ares. Far too loose for my vaping style. I got rid of the Skyline for much the same reason. You only need to check out the Spica Pro thread, anyone who loves that, you know likes a tight draw :D

We are all funny qwirky bastids (none more than me), about what we like, but still looking for the perfect setup
But there are some are fixed - nope I know what I like and sticking with xyz tank still does me - not changing
So no tank will ever suit everybody

As said before think the top 5 or 6 tanks (though keeps being revised of course)
the top 5 tanks - there isn't much in it in the end
often it is what tank you can get on with - so is down to your own experience/preference in the end

opinions are like arse holes & all that - blah blah blah

I'm looking at the Freisa one coz it comes in red and I got a red mod going spare that looks made for each other
don't expect it obliterate my current tanks - but wtf I'll probably give that and maybe a couple more a go at some point

@Fuctifino Well, I sincerely hope you can find your vaping nirvana, as I said a month or so ago, I'm kinda done chasing unicorns and I've pretty much settled on the tanks I have, been clearing out/giving away the others, but I'll probably make the odd purchase in the future, albeit not as many as I have in 2018. There's a thread on here everyone contributed to where everyone rated their Top 5 MTL tanks, that's quite an interesting read.

@Fuctifino Well, I sincerely hope you can find your vaping nirvana, as I said a month or so ago, I'm kinda done chasing unicorns and I've pretty much settled on the tanks I have, been clearing out/giving away the others, but I'll probably make the odd purchase in the future, albeit not as many as I have in 2018. There's a thread on here everyone contributed to where everyone rated their Top 5 MTL tanks, that's quite an interesting read.

The sad thing is I've probably got my nirvana already - or as close as
alas I need to buy some so-so stuff to make me realise that

A number of people swerved the Ares - yes it has flaws
And some people jumped on a hate bandwagon saying how shit it was but never owned one

Ares had people saying it was too airy or it leaked
imho think the lid or silicone fill grommet either seals badly and becomes airy through air leak at top
or sealed too well and blew the bottom seal when pressure builds in use
(the bottom seal is thin and glass just rests on a thin o-ring lip)
Innokin should have used the Zenith lid but hey ho

The muted claim was coz of tiny air hole entry points on the deck - too small
Innokin should have widened the central hole at the very least thus allowing more/most air to hit the center of coil
then smaller holes surrounding the coil blah blah blah.....
A really simple revision or two - sorted

A tiny needle craft file or something to open the tiny central hole up more, taking it closer to surrounding holes....

innokin-ares-mtl-rta-cigarette-black_1_220a60d814288f1beb42f2ce90f705f5.jpg

I got a m8 to recently do this mod and yeah I think it has made a difference imho
(well I'm positive I'm getting more flavour out it comparing it another unmodified one)

Simple few changes - but alas due to perhaps a harsh review on top of its flaws
well nothing changed and this tank has established a not so good reputation by some - shame

Meanwhile more good/great tanks have emerged so the ares is as Vic said a missed opportunity by some
Ah well - feck it, I'm happier with this tank - still a better purchase than my N2's imho
(I fucking hate that tank & think the feeling is mutual)

I'm still gonna buy more crap as the missus says

LOL, another one I gave away, I hated trying to get thet POS Nautilus 2 open to refill it, horrendous experience as my introduction to MTL. Funny how I love the Siren 2, it bears little in common with the siren 1 or ares from a vape experience despite the outward resemblance.

LOL, another one I gave away, I hated trying to get thet POS Nautilus 2 open to refill it, horrendous experience as my introduction to MTL. Funny how I love the Siren 2, it bears little in common with the siren 1 or ares from a vape experience despite the outward resemblance.

I'm getting a Siren 2, True & Freisa in the new year - those are my 3 I want to try
Berserker - hmmm maybe that too

Most tanks people love/hate rate/rant or easy peasy/couldn't get on with it
though the N2 is a lottery refilling in my book - never could risk taking it out if I had to refill it
I got so pissed off with more juice on my hands than in the tank where the coil should remain
and not try to escape every time you opened the bastid thing - but some, well maybe one or two love it
(think two people never having issues with N2 is perhaps pushing it)

Soz - best shut up now, mods trim/delete my posts as I've waffled way too much again - my bad

I have the berserker mini, absolute bugger to wick right, but fantastic once you suss it out, might need a longer/wider bore drip tip if you like it tight or you'll suck juice right up through the standard tip, not tried the true as its probably just a variation on the berserker.

This threads all about favourites for MTL setups and we're bang on-topic as far as I can see :D

One you might like is the Dvarw, it comes with airdisks you can swap to tailor the draw to your preference, I use it as my out and about tank as it's reliable. FT do a nice clone by coppervape or there are other cheaper variants on offer too.

Now back again to the new "Bers", as we call it on the eastern side, and also Alex (creator of the tank) calls it the same way. It holds 2.5-3ml if you bottom fill it! Kind of thumbs up and down at the same time, as you cannot get it "full' if you top fill ir.The new drip tip, as someone is interested, is looking bulky - the one from a Bers starter kit is a lot smller and feels better in you mouth, while keepikg the same style.

I'm more on the same groove as you @Crewella when it comes to MTL, as well as @rew , so when you guys rate an atomiser, generally I'm very interested. I suspect the next one I'll be interested in hearing feedback on is the EVL Reaper I see being cloned atmo and set for release early January.

You will be hearing more about the EVL Reaper and the Beserker V1.5. Both on the way. I am also influenced by others on here, so between us all I think we get a pretty clear picture of performance and if it will suit.

Back
Top Bottom