What's new

Should I get a MTL setup for stealth?

Mac90

Initiate
Getting a fair bit of stick for clouding up the local and the smoking area at work.. Wish the folk at work saw the irony that they only have to look at my vapor not go home stinking of it!

I was thinking of trying something MTL, higher resistance, smaller clouds, higher nic. Easier to get a nicotine hit than needing 15 draws of cloudy magic.

I've never had a MTL setup though, what sort of advice would folk give me? I'd like something smallish, pen style or slightly bigger, and a decent battery life. Can you realistically have an RTA on a compact MTL device? And going with higher nicotine, say 12mg, do I also need to be using low VG juice?

(Can i not just post someone just do it for me :S:18:)

i'd suggest going up in nic and down to a 50/50 ratio on the juice. That'll help get you the nic hit and make smaller clouds. Also try holding the vapour in for longer.

If you are on 3mg i'd go for 12mg in a mtl setup. There are plenty of good tanks and mods about for MTL.

My MTL setups are a spheroid and 16mm mech mod, a fakirs mini troy x (another oid type) on a hana mods 30w box and a billet box with a vape shell, pricey but it works for me.

I also have a zenith tank on a kroma, but i don't get on with the tank, love the mod though.

You could look at the naturevape True MTL tank, seems to be getting good reviews.

For liquid, have a read of https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...imongs-mouth-to-lung-uk-e-liquid-list.142469/

and a butchers in these two threads for setup ideas.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...mouth-to-lung/threads/top-5-mtl-tanks.160854/

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-your-favorite-devices-for-mtl-setups.155531/

Above pretty much covers it really.
Pound for pound I'd go either cthulhu hastur mini rta / ephro true mtl or berserker mini rta. All between £20-£30 (less from china) all first class. I've rat's that cost three or four times the price yet these are my favourites.
Mod wise. The eleaf pico is still excellent and cheap. The vaporesso baby tarot is great and tiny or the artery nugget x. If you prefer a tube system the ephro 101 is excellent or any 22mm battery stick will work with the above rta's.
Don't discount pod systems like the nautilus aio if you prefer coils pre made.
50/50 juice works best for me. Manabush is first class.

TBH I am impressed with the Zenith - have both 2ml & 4ml 24mm versions
(might get a newer D22 at some point as I have a short 22mm thick sausage battery - but enough of my personal life)

Seems to work very well with any mod/battery with a 1.6 ohm coil and 10~12w
(there is the 0.8 ohm coil also & new 0.5 plexus mesh option)

Drop a 2ml 24mm Zenith onto a pebble - very very slight overhang mainly at front by front/fire button
(D22 = no over hang, but a smidge of overhang at front, just guides your finger to button imho)

Idiot proof fill system, easy coil change and just works without leak risk like Nautilus 2
(OK new Nautilus 2 has slip lid but tbh still think Zenith wins overall)
My own Nautilus 2 seemed to run hot on a few mods, eventually finding one that ran less hot
(guess some mods Watts/Volts default settings vary a little but often the N2 was cooking/hot drip tip after a while)

I'd suggest maybe a 9mg liquid perhaps, 12mg might be ok if a very tight vape now & then
but think you might be vaping say little & often and so don't want to get too high on higher nicotine
(depends on how you vape & your juice etc.... but go easy is all I'm saying)

Yes you can go RTA but if using this MTL stealth kit just for work then 5 std zenith coils for say £8 won't break the bank
(plexus are a bit more perhaps)

Pebble works well, bit heavier than say eleaf mini - which the eleaf mini is only good for 20mm tanks or less on 1.6+ ohm coils

On a tight budget ????

NB: not tried these but this is a silly price for a togo kit £9:99:

https://www.shopec.co.uk/starter-kits/kanger-togo-mini

or some RTA tanks - say Griffin 25 mini for £9:99
(not a MTL but cheap as chips)

https://www.shopec.co.uk/tanks-and-coils/mod-tanks

As stated not used them myself, but have been very tempted to place a £30 order for free shipping
(I really need to stop looking for yet more stuff - thought vaping was supposed to save money not spend more on stuff)

Reason I said about Zenith is coz it is agro free and does what I need it to
Than mess about getting the wicking completely sussed that works for certain tanks
or re-wick if leaks/dry hits - I'm still learning/adjusting my wicking technique btw
(aren't most of us)

I never went out with the N2 coz if it needed refilling I ran the risk of coil loosening and pissing everywhere
So kept the Nautalus 2 at home (also ran a bit too hot like I said on some/most mods)

Yeah some good MTL RTA's out now, but if you are just gonna MTL at times a pre-built coil might work ok
At home you can DTL bigger clouds or consider a MTL RTA tank to coil & wick at your leisure so to speak

hope some of this helps

Last edited:
As said above. Eleaf Pico and Naturevape/ Ehpro True RTA. Cracking stealth set up and cheap to buy.

For prebuilt coils, JacVapour Series S kits and VIM tanks are highly regarded. I am happy with my RTAs and old Nautilus minis on eleaf 20W mods, although shinyitis keeps tempting me to buy one of the Jacvapour devices.

A Beserker mini on an eleaf pico has been my daily vape all year with anything from 12mg to 6mg regular juices 50/50 or 60/40 and Nic Salts. I would recommend if you use sweet Nic Salts with it you get some stainless steel wire 27 or 28 AWG to make spaced coils for temp control, because they last much better without gunking up.

Last edited:
I would recommend the innokin zenith set up maybe the D22 kit with the plexus coils or regular zenith tank with the 0.5 plexus Z coil...never had any issues.

Back
Top Bottom