Vape Club
What's new

RTA with decent throat hit for 3mg nic vaping

Can you just up your flavour percentages to even it out?

I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless it's down to the way XtraBite interacts with the peppermint / mentol flavours I'm using.

I'll give it a try during the week as I'm due to make a new liquid batch & let you know what the outcome is.

Premier Ecigs
Thanks for the update. Would like to know if you find a decent balance with the throat hit. Can you just up your flavour percentages to even it out?

Tried 30% extra flavouring & it was a bit too much, so I'd say 20% should be fine.
This is with my peppermint / menthol mix. Other flavous could be different I guess?

And while I'm waiting on my FT orders arriving I picked up the 3.5ml version of the Gate rta.
Very smooth & quiet draw using 1 airhole with the default 1.5mm airflow adapter. Found the 0.8mm too tight.
Much prefer it to my kf2019 clone & the Glaz Mini for both flavour & throat hit.
It could have done with a 1.2mm adapter as well though. Wonder if FT will sell them at some point...
Being 22mm it'll go well with my 18500 Lab for out & about.

Only downside to it is that it's nearly as thirsty as the Galaxies RDTA on juice consumption. And this is at just 11w.

My FT order finally arrived with the Spica Pro & Tripod clones.

Spica Pro was just too tight a draw for me but the Tripod, apart from being as tall as the Spica, hits the spot.

Great flavour & decent throat hit with the chimney insert removed.

Downside is the clone has a tendency to dump some juice whenever I adjust the airflow ring!?...

To be expected to £15 I guess, and it needed a good wash out as it was stinking from machine oil when it arrived.

Tempted to track down an original + the extension / Steam Tuners cap after I've tried the Berserker v2.

Vape Green
I am a bit late as usual....

I have read a quiet long thread about FA flavours on a diff forum and I made notes for myself
"adding a little Jamaican Rum for throat hit, sometimes Brandy."

I am in a same boat as you @MoodyB I would like to quit the nic in my mixes( ~2mg/ml atm) I have not tried the above but I will give it a go it might help

FA's Flash Hit Enhancer helps a bit, but it's more of a throat 'sensation' and lacks definition. Better than nothing though.

Someone else also mentioned cinnamon as a way to add to the throat hit, so it might be worth trying that too.

I haven't tried it myself yet though.

Innokin
Hey all,

Could anyone recommend a rebuildable or 2 that'll give me a decent / good throat hit when vaping at 3mg / 10-12w?

I'm using home-made peppermint menthol juice with a 70pg / 30vg ratio. Coils are 2.5mm id 6-7 wrap 316L wire.

I have tried the Ares rta, True tank from Naturevape, Damn Vape DIamond and the Glaz Mini.
And although they all offer good to excellent flavour they are all a bit soft when it comes to the throat hit.
( Plus the Ares had a slight whiste, as did the Diamond when the airflow was reduced )

The one tank that I can get a decent feel from is the MD rta from Hellvape ( thankfully I picked it up after seeing Todd's review on it )

I realise my main issue is the 3mg nic strength ( I started out at 12mg years ago when I switched from cigs ), but the MD tank has given me hope that there is other rta's / rdta's out there that will be worth picking up.

I currently have the Galaxies RDTA in the post, so my fingers are crossed that it will do the trick too.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Intrestingly throat hit increases with more air not hitting the coil directly. The bigger the air hole under the coil and the smaller the airflow opening, the harsher the hit gets. The draw becomes less smooth but the hit increases. Par example try an atty with say 2.5 mm outlet with a .8mm external hole. You ll be surprised

That's why I liked the MD rta. Small airhole on the outside with the bigger slot, or 3x0.8mm airholes, under the coil.

Which is why I'm looking forward to the Vertex rta.

It's basically the same as MD.

Even down to the lack of spare accessories.

AcmeFog
That's why I liked the MD rta. Small airhole on the outside with the bigger slot, or 3x0.8mm airholes, under the coil.

Which is why I'm looking forward to the Vertex rta.

It's basically the same as MD.

Even down to the lack of spare accessories.
I ll second to that

Back
Top Bottom