What's new

RTA with decent throat hit for 3mg nic vaping

MoodyB

Postman
Hey all,

Could anyone recommend a rebuildable or 2 that'll give me a decent / good throat hit when vaping at 3mg / 10-12w?

I'm using home-made peppermint menthol juice with a 70pg / 30vg ratio. Coils are 2.5mm id 6-7 wrap 316L wire.

I have tried the Ares rta, True tank from Naturevape, Damn Vape DIamond and the Glaz Mini.
And although they all offer good to excellent flavour they are all a bit soft when it comes to the throat hit.
( Plus the Ares had a slight whiste, as did the Diamond when the airflow was reduced )

The one tank that I can get a decent feel from is the MD rta from Hellvape ( thankfully I picked it up after seeing Todd's review on it )

I realise my main issue is the 3mg nic strength ( I started out at 12mg years ago when I switched from cigs ), but the MD tank has given me hope that there is other rta's / rdta's out there that will be worth picking up.

I currently have the Galaxies RDTA in the post, so my fingers are crossed that it will do the trick too.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ah, also, I don’t have one, but some were saying that the adjustable chamber in the spica pro rta allowed the throat hit to be varied. Maybe @Crewella could advise?

Ah, also, I don’t have one, but some were saying that the adjustable chamber in the spica pro rta allowed the throat hit to be varied. Maybe @Crewella could advise?
Agreed. However at 3mg for mtl I wouldn’t hold out too much hope but worth a shot.

I guess this with high PG could be getting to where you need it.

Not really @MoodyB VG/PG ratio also plays an integral part on throat hit.
Swapping to a 50/50 mix will offer an increase in throat hit.

Hi and welcome btw.

Try increasing the height of your coils a bit.

I think my coils are already about 3mm above the MD's air disc already, so I can change the disc out if needed.

I'll try putting the coil higher in the Glaz Mini though.

Oooops my mistake.
:17::banghead: Who still puts the PG first these days :banghead::17:

Sorry. I'll remember in the future :)

Back
Top Bottom