What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ripley RDTA not wicking

Simebaby

Postman
After a bit of help with this one. Can't get the thing to wick at all.
As far as I can see I've done everything right. Tubes are the correct way up and filled with juice to the top, fill plug is back in - I get around 4 hits off it before it's as dry as a bone. No bubbles whatsoever in the tank / tubes.

Loads of people raved about this so I'm sure I must be doing something wrong - just not sure what else I can check with this one.

Build pictures?
Hmmmm. Just completely dismantled it, got rid of all the juice, and put it back together. Seems to be working now. The frustrating thing is I have no idea what I did differently - but I had around 5 tries before I did that and all of them were the same.
If it shits itself again I'll be back and I'll put a picture of the build.

Angled slots downward in the tubes, wick in line with the coil, rod resting in the slots, wick ends cut at end of the slots, push the wick down into the slots to make sure, prime tubes, job done.

Angled slots downward in the tubes, wick in line with the coil, rod resting in the slots, wick ends cut at end of the slots, push the wick down into the slots to make sure, prime tubes, job done.
Yeah unless I missed something obvious that's what I did - or I thought it did. It's working fine now though. The only possible different I can think is this last attempt, I primed the tubes with the fill plug in - last time I have a feeling it was already out. Though obviously I then had to take the plug out to fill it.

Flavour on it now it's working is superb though.

Yeah unless I missed something obvious that's what I did - or I thought it did. It's working fine now though. The only possible different I can think is this last attempt, I primed the tubes with the fill plug in - last time I have a feeling it was already out. Though obviously I then had to take the plug out to fill it.

Flavour on it now it's working is superb though.
That won't matter when priming, as there is a breather hole for when you fill the tank via the plug hole. Its on the opposite side of the plug

That won't matter when priming, as there is a breather hole for when you fill the tank via the plug hole. Its on the opposite side of the plug
Yeah that’s what I thought.
At the moment if I leave it stood for a few hours I need to re-prime the tubes as well. Not sure if that’s standard.

Yeah that’s what I thought.
At the moment if I leave it stood for a few hours I need to re-prime the tubes as well. Not sure if that’s standard.
If you are needing to re-prime the tubes, my guess would be the wick is not sitting right on top of them

Yeah, much as I like the vape I think I'll ditch this. I'm clearly doing something wrong but it's far too temperamental. Just rewicked and I'm back to dry hits every four draws. I've topped up the tubes about 5 times.
This is the build:
IMG_0052.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom