What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Please God help me.... Pioneer and Artemis

Simebaby

Postman
So I'm genuinely on the edge of a nervous breakdown :18:

I can't buid the pioneer. *Every* build ends up with me sucking a mouthful of juice after 2-3 puffs. Even before I've actually fired the thing. I must have watched at least 20 videos. Including Bruce's - many times. What in the name of God am I doing wrong?! I've put pics of the last attempt up. All the cotton inside the walls, just like Bruce says. I've tried more, less, inbetween. I might as well just stick a straw in the shortfill.

I've also got a weird issue with one of my Cthulhu's, which up to now have been flawless. No matter how much or little cotton I build with, after a short time, the coil pretty much burns through the centre of the cotton, the wick literally drops into two pieces. I've tried multiple coils, it's the same every time. 28 and 27g. 5-6 wraps. The wick is sodden, it's not struggling to get juice to the coil. Could it be the juice? It's Cyber Rabbit Radon.

Please help! Everything's gone to shit! :D

IMG_1272.jpeg IMG_1273.jpeg

I thought the pioneer was gash for pretty much the same reasons and offloaded it, not worth the bother. What wattage are you putting through the artemis?

I thought the pioneer was gash for pretty much the same reasons and offloaded it, not worth the bother. What wattage are you putting through the artemis?
12.5w. Same as my other Artemis, but that has different juice in.

So I'm genuinely on the edge of a nervous breakdown :18:

I can't buid the pioneer. *Every* build ends up with me sucking a mouthful of juice after 2-3 puffs. Even before I've actually fired the thing. I must have watched at least 20 videos. Including Bruce's - many times. What in the name of God am I doing wrong?! I've put pics of the last attempt up. All the cotton inside the walls, just like Bruce says. I've tried more, less, inbetween. I might as well just stick a straw in the shortfill.

I've also got a weird issue with one of my Cthulhu's, which up to now have been flawless. No matter how much or little cotton I build with, after a short time, the coil pretty much burns through the centre of the cotton, the wick literally drops into two pieces. I've tried multiple coils, it's the same every time. 28 and 27g. 5-6 wraps. The wick is sodden, it's not struggling to get juice to the coil. Could it be the juice? It's Cyber Rabbit Radon.

Please help! Everything's gone to shit! :D

View attachment 254287 View attachment 254288
The sucking juice up thing sounds more like capillary action creating the straw effect rather than a problem with your wicking.
Do you have adjustable under coil airflow?

The other one you've got contact coils which look too shiny to have been gently heated to remove hot spots before wicking.
I'd guess you're getting hot spots that's burning the cotton.

Same wire?
Yeah - 27g, 5 wraps, coming out at 0.75-ish ohms on both.
I've just rebuilt both of them (same wire). I did realise when doing that, that I've got them on a DNA and I had the boost turned up pretty much full. I've cranked it right down, I'll see if this one lasts any longer.

The other one you've got contact coils which look too shiny to have been gently heated to remove hot spots before wicking.
I'd guess you're getting hot spots that's burning the cotton.
The pics are both from the Pioneer - I didn't take any of the Artemis build. Spaced coils on that, and I dry-fire to make sure they heat evenly before wicking.
It's a spaced coil on the pic as well (or should be) - but I am terrible at coiling :D

Just had a little look at the wick - you can see it's already starting to caramelise / burn:
IMG_1274.jpeg

the cotton might be snapping in half because you aren’t putting enough in. try tighter cotton.

Back
Top Bottom