What's new

Pioneer v1.5

Available on 101. That is UK based right? As in they have it in the UK now?

Available on 101. That is UK based right? As in they have it in the UK now?

Yep. I've used them a few times and had no issues.

Not too bad a price for it considering the 2nd chimney, etc.. is included this time. Better than the £50 I was expecting.

I'll hold fire until the short tank becomes available.

Received. First impressions are very good. Smoother than the original and I think the deck changes have really worked well.

I haven't refilled it yet though :)

Received. First impressions are very good. Smoother than the original and I think the deck changes have really worked well.

I haven't refilled it yet though :)

Oh no, don't post this. I've only just managed to break my love of the original and I got on terribly with it.

Don't temp me again @chrisd2k, please... Lol.

Oh no, don't post this. I've only just managed to break my love of the original and I got on terribly with it.

For what it's worth I bought the v1 again a few weeks ago in a moment of boredom ( previously I had 2 that were replaced with the Bishop, SIren v4, etc... )

Luckily I haven't had any issues so far with the deck threading. Or any wicking problems.

Also bought the short tank kit / bigger chimney which has been fine.

And I can dial in the airflow on this one so it's quieter than the previous 2 I had, for whatever reason.

I think most of the issues with the v1 were probably down to bad qc on Dovpos' side, and just luck of the draw.

For what it's worth I bought the v1 again a few weeks ago in a moment of boredom ( previously I had 2 that were replaced with the Bishop, SIren v4, etc... )

Luckily I haven't had any issues so far with the deck threading. Or any wicking problems.

Also bought the short tank kit / bigger chimney which has been fine.

And I can dial in the airflow on this one so it's quieter than the previous 2 I had, for whatever reason.

I think most of the issues with the v1 were probably down to bad qc on Dovpos' side, and just luck of the draw.

Could well be as my Sure is terrible as a result, that's got an ongoing case with BP on their FB group and I'm not the only one.

I learnt to wick the original so I didn't have the same issues as a lot but I still think the deck design was slightly flawed. Being told how to wick in the way you have to do it is a result of this I think. Everything else was so good that most of us were happy enough to carry on though.

Yeah this is good. Not had a single gurgle, leak after filling or dry hit. So smooth with the same flavour.

I haven't tried the second chimney yet but will do that in my next build. I believe there are a few upgrades coming soon I expect similar to the v1.

I also want to try the v1 top part with the 1.5 deck so that's also on the list

We need a 'crying wallet' emoji on here.

P.S you should put the first line in spoiler tags to hide it from Astral.

Back
Top Bottom