What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

@Astral have you tried Todd's wicking method? It's in his review. That's worked flawlessly for me.
The biggest improvement for me came from bottom filling. However I wicked the deck flooded the first time I refilled from the top.

I've gone for a combination of the Bruce method and the Todd method this time. I've cut the threads ends into triangles and tucked the rest into the ports.

I've also used a seven wrap 28g 2.5mm ID coil for about 1.0 ohm to get some eatra heat into it and added an extra O-ring to the 510 pin above the insulator. It fits so I figured it can't hurt.

I've just got to find the guts to fill it now and see what happens.

Maybe tomorrow...

Last edited:
Hope you've got it sorted mate.

If you do continue to have trouble @Astral I can post some pics to see if that helps. I did have a few blips initially, but the way I do it now is solid - zero leaks, gurgles or dry hits and I use it all the time, wicking it pretty much daily.

Hope you've got it sorted mate.

If you do continue to have trouble @Astral I can post some pics to see if that helps. I did have a few blips initially, but the way I do it now is solid - zero leaks, gurgles or dry hits and I use it all the time, wicking it pretty much daily.
do you bottom feed or refill from the top with your method?

do you bottom feed or refill from the top with your method?
Top refill. Never had any problem with that either. Bottom filling is well tricky, you really need a needle nose bottle the gap is so narrow.

The v1.5 is now up on Fasttech - https://www.fasttech.com/products/3042/10082529/9754508-bp-mods-pioneer-v1-5-rta-rebuildable-tank

Apart from the top fill & a removeable? deck reducer, the top fill looks like a twist & slide going by the pics, and it seems to come with the DL chimney now too as well as more air pins becaue of this.

Which is alright I guess as you'll be able to move the coil higher for more TH...

But I think I preferred the DL parts as a separate purchase like the V1 so some people aren't paying for parts they won't use.

Hopefully the $50 usd on FT doesn't mean £49.95 in the UK.

If you have any vegetable glycerin handy, put a few drops onto some kitchen roll, take off the airflow ring & rub the vg around the o-ring on the base.

To take off the airflow ring, move the airflow slot inbetween the row of holes & the open slot and pull.

Apologies but is there any video that demonstrates this? I have started vaping recently and I'm kind of scared that I don't end up messing up my tank.

I surfed through most videos on youtube for this tank but I couldn't find any video that shows this.
It would really help.

Apologies but is there any video that demonstrates this? I have started vaping recently and I'm kind of scared that I don't end up messing up my tank.

Removing the airflow ring? Vaping Biker shows it coming off here @17min 20sec or so-

It's not very clear, but shows it being removed.

You shouldn't mess up the tank, although it might be hard to remove the first time.

Move the slot on the airflow ring so it sits between the small dots & the open slot.

Then pull on the airflow ring while wiggling it slightly from side to side, just in case you aren't properly lined up with the notch on the base.

I suggest trying to do this with the base attached to the, ideally empty, tank. Easier to grip that way.

I've gone for a combination of the Bruce method and the Todd method this time. I've cut the threads ends into triangles and tucked the rest into the ports.

I've also used a seven wrap 28g 2.5mm ID coil for about 1.0 ohm to get some eatra heat into it and added an extra O-ring to the 510 pin above the insulator. It fits so I figured it can't hurt.

I've just got to find the guts to fill it now and see what happens.

Maybe tomorrow...

I got my pioneer at the end of last week and ended up wicking it 8 times before I got it right ... or as close as I could get it to this video (I think someone already posted a link).

2022-05-18_220949.png

2022-05-18_221033.png

2022-05-18_221100.png

2022-05-18_221143.png

The trick seems to be shaping the cotton after soaking with liquid and keeping the cotton away from the chimney chamber.
Mine doesn't leak or gurgle now although I have found that bottom filling is better.

Back
Top Bottom