What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

I don't have this tank, but something I always do when building these kind of decks, after juicing the wick, is poke something narrow under the wick as it comes out of the coil and lift it very slightly, just to make sure there's no cotton too near the air hole? Might be worth a try?
Cheers. You can’t see on my (bad) picture but there’s plenty of space between the coil and the air inlet. I’ve checked everything a thousand times. Honestly think I’ve got a faulty tank. As soon as juice is added the thing just completely floods. I’ve swapped all the o-rings etc, nothing. It’s going back in the box and most likely in the bin.

Cheers. You can’t see on my (bad) picture but there’s plenty of space between the coil and the air inlet. I’ve checked everything a thousand times. Honestly think I’ve got a faulty tank. As soon as juice is added the thing just completely floods. I’ve swapped all the o-rings etc, nothing. It’s going back in the box and most likely in the bin.
Bugger .............. thought it worth a shot. :(

Bit late to the party, but I've just bought one of these.

:happy guys:

What a great little tank. Absolutely love it. Up there with the hastur mini and the berserker 2 for me.

Yeah It’s a cracking tank with many accessories. Glad your enjoying it mate.

I really is. I had a bit of a disappointment with the artemis, but this has been in use non-stop since it arrived. MTL perfection. For me at least. :)

Similar tastes then. I didn’t get on with the Artemis aswell. The pioneer is starting to rival my beloved dvarw fl for the top spot.

Hi, uploading my wicking for those of you who have the leaking issue on the pioneer. I had a lot of trouble wicking it too for a long time, but I found the way.

1. Put the coil very low.
2. Use a moderate amount of wick (check pictures)
3. Comb the wick slightly offset to the wall and not the post.
4. Make sure a little bit of cotton is poking into the juice holes. They can't be completely stuffed. Just a little bit of poke halfway into the juice holes.
5. First fill after wicking always must be bottom fill. Later you can fill from the top

As you take your puffs through the day the wick will puff up. If you wicked it any thicker and hadn't combed it then you would experience leaking hours after seemingly wicking it correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_213242_1.jpg
    IMG_20220109_213242_1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220109_213405_1.jpg
    IMG_20220109_213405_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20220109_213632_1.jpg
    IMG_20220109_213632_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Hi, uploading my wicking for those of you who have the leaking issue on the pioneer. I had a lot of trouble wicking it too for a long time, but I found the way.

4. Make sure a little bit of cotton is poking into the juice holes. They can't be completely stuffed. Just a little bit of poke halfway into the juice holes.
5. First fill after wicking always must be bottom fill. Later you can fill from the top

As you take your puffs through the day the wick will puff up. If you wicked it any thicker and hadn't combed it then you would experience leaking hours after seemingly wicking it correctly.
Thanks for taking the time to post those pics

I use more cotton than that and just ship (if you know you know lol) the cotton after wetting it with juice. As long as its away from the sides, cotton doesnt go higher than the coil and you have a wall in front of those wicking ports you should be ok to top fill all the time.

Back
Top Bottom