What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

This is slowly becoming my most used atty even over my dvarw and Kayfuns. I was put off with hearing about people’s wicking issues but I honestly find it one of the easiest to wick.

What Ohm coils do you all use in the Pioneer. I *still* havent had a decent build in there. I get crackling and gurgling with the 0.5ohm ni80 staples I like.

NI80 2 x 30 +40, 4 wraps, 2mm ID.

Or:

NI80 28 AWG, 6 wraps, 2.5mm ID.

They both work great for me.

If you're vaping on VW mods, don't pay attention to ohms, they're irrelevant.

I just use a standard kanthal round wire build with 27g. 2.5mm ID and 6 or 7 wraps. Comes out at about .95/ 1.1 ohm.

I concluded my Pioneer was faulty and returned it. I brought another one and aren't having anywhere near as many issues (mainly leaking). The biggest problem I have with the new Pioneer is the bell+chimney gets stuck to deck threads very tightly. On one occasion I've had to put it in a vice to separate the bell from the deck. Has anyone experienced this? Am I screwing the bell on too tightly? Aside from that I'm having no issues with my wicking or any leaking but do get occasional juice at the mouth piece. Can anyone clarify is a small (occasional) amount of juice at the mouth piece too little cotton or too much cotton?

It does sound like you're screwing it on too tightly.

As for the juice in the driptip, it might be because the wicks are touching the sides of the deck & the roof of the chimney.

It does sound like you're screwing it on too tightly.

As for the juice in the driptip, it might be because the wicks are touching the sides of the deck & the roof of the chimney.
Thanks I will check on both of those. My airflow ring is also super tight. Are there any tips to loosen the airflow ring?

Back
Top Bottom