What's new

Pandora MTL RTA by Yachtvape

My only criticism of the Pandora so far is it is very hard to see the undercoil airflow marking.

I think I am running inside and outside airflow at 1.2mm. I started with 1.2 and 1mm outside but think 1.2 on both is slightly better flavour with my tobacco liquid. More rounded flavour and less sharp if that makes sense. 1.1 ohm 2.5mm coil Clapton on mech so around 10-12 watts @ 3.7 volts. Going to try firewater 3 in here when tank is empty.

I like that it is so easily adjustable with a build in so you can experiment without to much faff. I will try another build in the other one I ordered with Heisenberg VV or limecicle from PV and see how that fairs. I find fruity flavours on MTL benefit from more gentle airflow, so may try 1.5 under coil if i can identify it on the markings.

This should be interesting @binary
My most frequently used tank for two or three years is the faithful Doggy, five of them actually but two are scrap now, anyway my Pandora arrived this morning and my first impressions pretty much the same as yours, I prefer the Doggy juice channel to the KF style it just works every time but the Pandora wells look sufficient, it looks and feels very nice, very similar to the Precisio. Obviously the trick up Pandora’s sleeve is that adjustable under coil airflow.
I’ll give it a bath and give it a go, I’m hoping it’s going to be a Doggy beater.

I have everything crossed @andyroo I've been searching for a Doggy beater for years but yet to find one, although the new Kayfun Lite comes close with the latest MTL pin it loses out overall in simplicity and like all Kayfuns can be quite unforgiving with wicking. Like you I have a few Doggy 2k16's still in action and don't use anything else really. Not once in 3 years has one wicked poorly or leaked on me. Quite remarkable really.

Is the Pandora a Doggy beater? It's a tough ask for sure. Let's see and good luck!

Well, it's landed but I'm distracted at the moment, seething at yodel hijacking another item, so that'll be sourcemore black balled for future orders if they only use yodel in the UK. Paypal process now launched.

I have everything crossed @andyroo I've been searching for a Doggy beater for years but yet to find one, although the new Kayfun Lite comes close with the latest MTL pin it loses out overall in simplicity and like all Kayfuns can be quite unforgiving with wicking. Like you I have a few Doggy 2k16's still in action and don't use anything else really. Not once in 3 years has one wicked poorly or leaked on me. Quite remarkable really.

Is the Pandora a Doggy beater? It's a tough ask for sure. Let's see and good luck!
Funny, I've heard that a lot about the lite (wicking) and I've had issue's previously with the v3 and prime due to the bloody juice control but I've five lites and had three clones prior and I'm the laziest wicket in the world (cut and poke) and over never ever had a dry hit unless I run the tank dry. Weird. I also find it the simplest tank in my arsenal. No juice control, airflow is immovable once set and good old fashioned bottom fill.
We all look for something different. Probably because I don't ever change anything. If you like to adjust airflow on the fly I imagine it's a pain.
my silver pandora landed this morning too so will be loaded up later and put into service.

Well, it's landed but I'm distracted at the moment, seething at yodel hijacking another item, so that'll be sourcemore black balled for future orders if they only use yodel in the UK. Paypal process now launched.
Really. That's the one vendor that over the year I've never had anything to awol from. Fastech come second (both must have sent me over two hundred parcels) but the postie has lost or pocketed a few ft item's over the year's now.

@eyeball kid I wouldn't mind if I could actually speak to someone but every number pushes you onto the automated droid who is next to hopeless and just happily tells you your item has been delivered.

They offer a few different postal options (all in aid of avoiding the dreaded customs man) I will ask them which one's use different UK delivery options.

@eyeball kid I wouldn't mind if I could actually speak to someone but every number pushes you onto the automated droid who is next to hopeless and just happily tells you your item has been delivered.
I think that's universal currently. Try ups. They almost drive me to a killing spree. Once the magical hour dawns that you get through, you get a universally snotty luxembourger whose job it is to deny you further access.
twice now I've spent over four months in a multi pronged complaint attack on the European director to get parcels out of prison (only one ever came to me, the other I at least got returned to the vendor).
Not one delivery has passed through their hands without either disappearing, being denied entry or most often incurring an eye watering £40-50 customs blackmail charge.
I refuse to use them at all now. Even if a vendor kindly offers to send me something to trial via ups I tell them with the greatest of respect not to bother.
I'm actually turning into the hulk now thinking about ups, robbing, euro snob bastards.

Funny, I've heard that a lot about the lite (wicking) and I've had issue's previously with the v3 and prime due to the bloody juice control but I've five lites and had three clones prior and I'm the laziest wicket in the world (cut and poke) and over never ever had a dry hit unless I run the tank dry. Weird. I also find it the simplest tank in my arsenal. No juice control, airflow is immovable once set and good old fashioned bottom fill.
We all look for something different. Probably because I don't ever change anything. If you like to adjust airflow on the fly I imagine it's a pain.
my silver pandora landed this morning too so will be loaded up later and put into service.

Cut and poke is my method on the KFL and it’s a tank I gave in on and came back to, I was definitely over faffing with fluffing, thinning and trimming wicks, not necessary with the Lite, and it’s definitely my second favourite after the Doggystyle. A lot of this is definitely what you get used to, you find a coil and wicking technique that suits a particular tank and stick with it, change tanks and spit your dummy out because it’s different, I do anyway.

Back
Top Bottom