What's new

Original Hastur - check atty?

Are the screws tight? Or is there play? Once tightened can you move the wire from under the posts by tugging or are they held firm?

Honestly, I'd strip it bare, screws, 510, insulators, the lot. Wash and rebuild.

Done. 6 wraps of Kanthal 27AWG comes out at 1.7 ohms, then throws a fit.

Done. 6 wraps of Kanthal 27AWG comes out at 1.7 ohms, then throws a fit.
6 wraps of kanthal shouldn't read 1.7ohms.
Assuming its a 2.5mm id coil it would be more like 8/9 wraps.
Check the pin on the mod and tab for stray wire.

Check under and around the post screws for bits of wire and shit
Honestly, I’ve stripped it, washed it, and had the canned air on it at least three times.
The thing’s fucked I think. I’ll see if I can get any joy out of the German seller tomorrow.

Then I'm at a total loss mate. But I'm extremely intrigued. Will happily pay postage both ways if you wanna ship it to me for a look-see. :)

As long as you're not in Australia or Cambodia. :rotflmao:

Shoot me a pm if interested.

Last edited:
Then I'm at a total loss mate. But I'm extremely intrigued. Will happily pay postage both ways if you wanna ship it to me for a look-see. :)

As long as your not in Australia or Cambodia. :rotflmao:

Shoot me a pm if interested.

That’s really good of you. Don’t worry about postage.
I’ll see what the place it bought it from says, then I might drop you a PM. I deffo think it’s the 510 though.

I think.... please god..... I've got this working. Sort of.
I noticed the 510 pin was a bit 'loose' when screwed into the deck itself. I took the pin out of a Neeko I'm not using and put that in, and the mod is picking up the atty.
Still strangeness abounds though. Still seeing a resistance drop when fired (at the moment it goes from 1.07 to 1.02, every time). The slightest loosening or tightening of the tank on the mod will change the resistance significantly (can be 0.1 - 0.2 ohms difference). Also the resistance on my Odin is 0.2 lower than the resistance of the same tank on a Kizoku Techmod.
Might completely strip it down and clean (again!) over the weekend. But I definitely think the issue is / was with the 510 pin.

Just on the remote chance this helps someone in the future - it was actually the 510 insulator that was the problem. I assume I must have damaged it by overtightening the 510 when rebuilding the deck after cleaning, and the postive pin was contacting the inside of the 510 channel.
Finally sorted by taking the insulator from the Neeko as well - which luckily fit the hastur with a tiny bit of prodding. Touch wood, all sorted now.
Had a scout around for spares but no joy. You can get delrin tubes but I don't have the tools to mod them. Will stick with the cannibalised version for now!

Back
Top Bottom