What's new

Oh Mrs kid, how you frustrate me

eyeball kid

Legend
Mrs kid is a seasoned vaper. She has been through all the classics and finally settled on her daily driver the good old subtank. We've quite a collection of various size subtank/toptanks but it seems the coils are slowly disappearing so I'm slowly moving her forward.
It should be noted, Mrs kid enjoys a very open mtl style and is one of the dreaded three looong drags in a row vapers. Guaranteed to be a dry hit magnet with anything but the larger stock coils.
She enjoyed the kayfun v5 that our Rob gave her but she has a habit of forgetting to shut the juice control before re filling.
Then she spotted the cthulhu hastur mini i was using and wanted to try her liquid in one. I knew this was bad news but off we went.
Now she won't except anything less as she (rightly) says, her liquid has never tasted so good but....
Dry hits galore. I rewick daily but it's just not the tank for her vape style. I've spaced the coil, lowered the wattage and thinned out the wick as much as I dare but her style just isn't consistent with the limits of the tank.
Yes, I've tried the true but it's essentially the same design with similar issues.
She also has arthritis so the tank that worked best the beserker is not an option.
I've high hopes for the beserker 1.5 but I fear similar filling issues and she won't entertain the dvarw.
The galaxies rdta is next on the list but I really think she has a vape style mixed with physical restrictions and a touch of fussyness that means I doubt I will ever find a tank to suit.
Just goes to show how different we all are when recommending gear.

I can thoroughly recommend the galaxies RDTA, excellent flavour, easy as you like to build and re-wick. Never a dry hit for me and I think Mrs Kid and I have similar vaping styles. Super easy to fill as well (or maybe you can bung it on a squonk device, that's how I'm rocking it).

I hate to say it @eyeball kid but I am absolutely certain that Carol's daily drives would suit Mrs Kid down to the ground. I'd even go as far as saying that all you'd need would be an Exocet Clone to go with it and you'd be fine.

All Hail The Billet Box.

Could the Ehpro True (or zenith) with twist & fill cap help if arthur eyetus is an issue
could they keep up with her "straining the fag" type of vaping
(ahhh memories of long pointy embers of fags that some git strained when asking for a quick drag
now filter ignites your own lips - yeah cheers m8)

Or something like that good mtl on sub ohm with easy fill stuff

(Or a tank like Ares with push open to fill, but think twist to fill is more easier/foolproof)

Could the Ehpro True (or zenith) with twist & fill cap help if arthur eyetus is an issue
could they keep up with her "straining the fag" type of vaping
(ahhh memories of long pointy embers of fags that some git strained when asking for a quick drag
now filter ignites your own lips - yeah cheers m8)

Or something like that good mtl on sub ohm with easy fill stuff

(Or a tank like Ares with push open to fill, but think twist to fill is more easier/foolproof)
As I say. Tried the true buddy.
It was more of a little vent guy's. Constant trial and error due to the vape style.
We will get there.

I hate to say it @eyeball kid but I am absolutely certain that Carol's daily drives would suit Mrs Kid down to the ground. I'd even go as far as saying that all you'd need would be an Exocet Clone to go with it and you'd be fine.

All Hail The Billet Box.
Just have to bring her round to the design Guv. I've a trillium en route with some eleaf 0.75 coils. Top fill may be tricky though as the top is pretty smooth.
I think it will be a bb in the new year.

I can thoroughly recommend the galaxies RDTA, excellent flavour, easy as you like to build and re-wick. Never a dry hit for me and I think Mrs Kid and I have similar vaping styles. Super easy to fill as well (or maybe you can bung it on a squonk device, that's how I'm rocking it).
Yeah I enjoyed it on the inbox simo. We shall see.

As I say. Tried the true buddy.
It was more of a little vent guy's. Constant trial and error due to the vape style.
We will get there.

yeah soz, just this second re-read ya post and saw you already tried the true - my bad

is she a little ambi-dextorus ???

give her a tank in both left & right hands - two tanks should solve it (kidding - but the thought just crossed my mind)

best of luck

Oh the Galaxies mtl rta - yeah you said the rtda, but just saying
the top cap can be a tiny bit fiddly imho
the Gold one is quite finicky to refit/thread, tries to go on a little wonky
Black one is better, but thread cap/top is a bit fine to refit if not careful
nice tank though, just refitting the cap you have to be a tiny bit careful
(nothing bad, but other tanks, re-screwing the lid you can do with eyes shut)

Last edited:
It would seem that 'replay' would be the obvious answer to me.

She might get pissed off that it's not keeping up and throttling back sometimes.... but that has to be better than dry hits.

Back
Top Bottom