What's new

Nozzle kit for Kayfun Prime

Hi @discog, thank you for your comprehensive post :2thumbsup: Am curious to try if they ever become available in UK, but you have saved me the expensive postage from Germany to try these nozzles.
That sounds prudent. I hope you and others do get the chance to try them and add your opinions.

This morning I have the round hole nozzle in with a different liquid and I feel like I'm getting the best vape yet out of the KFP. There's something to these, just can't say for sure what it is yet.

Soooooooooo a used KFP just came up.... I am a sick, sick man *hangs head in shame*

anyway, I will be able to compare the nozzles properly in a few days

Soooooooooo a used KFP just came up.... I am a sick, sick man *hangs head in shame*

anyway, I will be able to compare the nozzles properly in a few days

I love the KF prime.

I had 3 at one point, amazing RTA’s

Yesterday I compared the stock "slot" nozzle to the 5 hole "star" nozzle using two atomizers with carefully matched builds.

Liquid is "Old Judge" Natural Burley & Latakia from the superb Real Tobacco Extracts.

Coils are 28ga Temco 316L 8 wrap 2.5mm 0.75 ohms, 1.5mm above the deck. I wicked with 5mm of Cle de Peau cotton (this is a fancy pad similar in form to muji but denser, whiter, and with no flavor on break-in). I tried this first with kanthal but I couldn't get the resistances matched to my satisfaction, though my observations were the same with that setup.

I'm vaping at 13 watts and two pips on the airflow control.

Stock "slot" airflow: more sweetness, spice, and latakia flavor.
5 hole "star" airflow: more leafy, top note is rolled off, less spice and sweetness, smoother more buttery flavor, slight tobacco bitterness on the tongue. The vg taste is muted. This nozzle has a tiny bit tighter draw than stock, less than the difference between 1mm and 1.2mm holes.

Overall the flavor difference is slight, but it's there. I'll post more when I have time to try another liquid.

Ok, now I think we are getting somewhere.

Liquid is Black Cherry with Virginia Tobacco, again from Real Tobacco Extracts. I have spoken with Evan at RTE and he says this liquid is flavored with natural cherry fruit + broken stone and tobacco extracts with no artificial flavorings. I've found all the RTE fruit+tobacco extracts in the sampler to be very realistic, though in this one the fruit is relatively less pronounced.

Coils are 27ga Temco KA1 6 wrap 2.5mm 1 ohm, 1.5mm above the deck. Vaping at 12 watts, 2 pips on the AFC.

Once again I am comparing the stock "slot" nozzle to the 5 hole "star" nozzle. This time the difference is much more pronounced. In fact, I couldn't believe my taste buds and waited a day and then ended up rebuilding the atomizer with the star nozzle be sure.

The slot nozzle gives my expected results with this liquid having tasted it some days earlier on the 1928 dripper: a mild sweet cherry taste melding with and somewhat overwhelming the gentle Virginia tobacco.

The star nozzle, to my surprise, almost completely eliminates the cherry element including the somewhat floral scent on the nose exhale. The tobacco is enhanced (unveiled?) and made drier and slightly more smoky (but not at all ashy, this is a cold extract process liquid from air dried leaves). As with the previous comparison the spicy notes (this time all from the nicotine) and the vg sweetness are muted.

In this test at least, the star nozzle is definitely delivering on the promise of "enhance specific aromas within", though at the expense of the delicate black cherry. It might be more accurate to say it's muting flavors outside a band centered on the tobacco, letting the tobacco shine through.

After my last test, I wasn't sure this comparison was worth the trouble. Now I'm intrigued and motivated to continue.

Back
Top Bottom