What's new

Nicotine Reduction

Quahog5

Postman
Been vaping 9 months now and still on 18mg nicotine. I’m thinking of reducing down to 12mg mainly because....well I’m not entirely sure, just feel like I should by now.

Would be interested to hear from others who started on high nic. Have you reduced, when/why did you? etc.

Don't reduce your nic because you feel you ought to. If 18mg still works for you stick with it. I used 18mg for about 2 1/2 years. Am on 12mg now, but I still have some higher nic if I need a good hit.

Do you plan on giving up vaping? If not, I don’t see any reason to reduce your nic. I’ve increased nic on the whole since I started vaping seriously. For the purpose of not puffing as much liquid.

I swap between the two frequently and don't really notice much difference apart from throat hit. MY suggestion would be to but a 10ml bottle and see how you manage during the day.

Do you plan on giving up vaping? If not, I don’t see any reason to reduce your nic. I’ve increased nic on the whole since I started vaping seriously. For the purpose of not puffing as much liquid.

No, the only other reason I was considering it was the (relative) lack of liquids available in 18mg. Have added 18mgs worth of 72mg nic to shortfill recently and it muted the flavour drastically.

Last edited:
No, the only other reason I was considering it was the (relative) lack of liquids available in 18mg. Have added 18mgs worth of 72mg nic to shortfill recently and it muted the flavour drastically.

Yep, you're right, it would do. You only want to be adding 10ml of nic to a 50ml shortfill.

Hmm. You could always try diluting one shortfill to 12, and see how you get on with it. I usually puff 12 in the house and 24 in the pods when I’m out and about. Using 72mg to make 12 should dilute the shortfill at the same ratio as using 18mg nic shots to make 3, I think.

Otherwise, if you struggle with the 12, you could try bottle shots, and add your own 72mg, pg and vg to make it 18?

Back
Top Bottom